More pics, new tank setup, waterfall idea........

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by clarinet45, Sep 28, 2005.

1. clarinet45

clarinet45 Well-Known Member

I had my work cut out for me! dropped quite a bit on my savs this weekend and moved my beardie, so they officially have the whole 100gal to themselves. i tested a waterfall system that is going to be modified and put in the tank soon.
    enjoy!
    'nibbler's' [​IMG]

'leela's' side
    [​IMG]

whole tank
    [​IMG]

leela's healed leg, still a little swollen thou. her appetite is back up.
    [​IMG]

the waterfall tank
    [​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. clarinet45

also, funniest thing they have done yet!
    Video

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. hornedfrog

hornedfrog Member

That IS really funny. I feel kinda guilty laughing at it though. Like when a stranger trips and you can't help but laugh and hope they didn't get hurt. :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. clarinet45

lol, i know what you mean. she was fine and done similiar when she trys to sit on the plant. Now i'm not surprised she broke her leg, but as Sobe said, they are like sherman tanks! :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. cowtowncrazer

cowtowncrazer New Member

hahaha thats soooo funny

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. jaykemper

jaykemper Member

with the waterfall, are you re-using the same water or is their a drain and constant fresh water is running down it?

12. clarinet45

it's reused, you see the filter at the right of the rock wall? that's getting the water being pulled in by the motor [running the waterfall] it's not very good, but after i modify it to work with some tubing and new filter, i should only have to replaced filtered [from the facet], treated water about once a week. right now i am taking the container out over twice a day! it really does become a toilet.

13. jaykemper

jaykemper Member

ya ok, well once you get everything working good and start treating the water could u tell me the upkeep of it, the work it requires, and show me more pictures of the building/finished project. Im hoping to get a chinese water dragon one day, but since i had troulbe getting a BD i dont think it will be for a very long time, but im still intersted in ideas, thanks.

14. jaykemper

jaykemper Member

Also what is that, the water is flowing down? Looks relitively simple to make, how much does it cost, and where can it be boght?

15. clarinet45

i honestly have no idea where it was bought. it is a [free, yay] hand me down from my Bf's brother. the 'river' part would be very simple to make, a half of a pipe would work the same.
    We're making the final setup next week. i will try to take as many pics as possible, it's kinda hard to explain in word.

16. jaykemper

jaykemper Member

ok thansk i would love to see it. A water dragon would like that same cage idea wouldnt it?

17. jaykemper

jaykemper Member

how are you keeping that water in there? And how much did that pump cost, or is it another freebie?

18. clarinet45

YAY for paintshop!
    this is how the setup is NOW in the 20gal [watersealed tank is what it's setup in now = pic]:
    [​IMG]
    how i need to set it up in their tank:
    [​IMG]
    I'm going to use aquarium sealer and tupperware containers.

Yes, pretty sure a water dragon needs as much water as a sav, something to submerse themselves in. mine are using it a done while they are shedding.
    [/img]

19. clarinet45

Probably going to go with a small filter like This
    and a if i ever needed to replace the old motor with something small like This

20. jaykemper

jaykemper Member

Very nice drawings, do you know if water dragons are like bearded dragons... they seem to be but im not entirely sure... in terms of diet and stuff. Since you dont have one you might not know but any help would be great. *I kno that the water dragon need humidity*

21. clarinet45

never kept a water dragon, and don't really plan too. anything that needs insane amounts of humidity is a pain for me and i'm sticking to more deserty animals. try the Water Dragon forum!

22. jaykemper

jaykemper Member

i kno, but everyone on the waterdragon forum seems really new... fog helps with humidity alot doesnt it?

23. cowtowncrazer

cowtowncrazer New Member

thats a wicked idea

24. clarinet45

Yea, foggers help. misters, drip systems, and waterfalls help. i know a water dragon will only drink from running water. try kingsnake.com's water dragon forum, or look at their classifieds and find a respectable breeder to talk to.

25. jaykemper

jaykemper Member

alright thanks. And also thank you both for sticking up for the water dragon.