my bearded dragon escaped

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by sonnycher, Jun 13, 2006.

1. sonnycher

sonnycher Embryo

my possibly gravid bearded dragon escaped yesterday morning. I tore the house/garage/yard apart and have not a sign of her whereabouts.

Anyone else lose their lizard?

I thought they would keep to a small range of travel needing only 8 square feet of living space.

Any suggestions on how to find my dragon?

Karen

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Daggerlover

Daggerlover Well-Known Member

Look *up*. Beardies like to climb. Look anywhere that may be warmer than others - back of computer, by a heat vent, etc etc.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. satanic_maiden

satanic_maiden Member

Sorry to here that you have lost your BD, hope she turns up soon.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. samoan_ewok

samoan_ewok New Member

Yes check any place place where it may be warm or some place really snuggly. I've lost mine for several hours in my room later to find it just latched onto the fan vent of my computer. Not sure how he got there but he was there, asleep hanging vertically. My gf lost hers and later found in her laundry basket. Everytime they get out, they find a new place to hide to make more interesting for you to find them lol. I hope you Find her!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. ksweetnam

ksweetnam Embryo

If you don't find her soon, put her basking rock and light down on the floor where she can get to it. She may recognize it and come to bask.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. clarinet45

clarinet45 Well-Known Member

yep, feng used to be an escape artist whenever she was out and i looked away for a sec. found her once in the laundry basket, but usually intagled in the computer/TV wires. I lost a hatchling the other day and found him on the top shelf of my bookcase, still would like to know how the bugger got up there!
    also, if you think she's moving about [warm house], put some flour on the floor to track her footsteps, nifty trick i got from the snake-peoples.

12. ngcrawfish

ngcrawfish Member

Please get back to us and let us know if you found him. I know that I really want to know that you found him. Others may feel the same way. Thanks and good luck!

13. samoan_ewok

samoan_ewok New Member

Yes, Please Do tell us if you Find her. I keep checking the post like everything 30 mins heh

14. littlerascal166

littlerascal166 New Member

i know when i let my bd out to play i can tell when she gets cold because she goes and lays on the cords to the computer because they are warm....but i get her off of there cuz im afraid she'll burn her belly...

but anyways try to check in warm places where she can hide

i read somewhere where someone actually found there lizard in their harddrive.....like they took it apart to look for them and they found them in there...
    so keep posting to let us know if she turns up....good luck

15. Ryan1990

Ryan1990 Well-Known Member

Yep, I think I heard that too! It was a leopard gecko I think... it had crawled inside the computer tower! lol

16. Drache613

Drache613 Well-Known Member

Keep us posted

Oh, sorry your beardie is missing? I hope she turns up soon.
    Let us know if she comes home. Did she get lost in the house? If so, she is around somewhere. Ours used to get out also, but we always had our bedroom doors closed, so there were only so many places he would be since it was basically the living room & kitchen. WE dragon proofed the living area so there wasn't any hole he could crawl into. He would usually be behind his cage, or believe it or not, the mesh carrier we bought for him. It has a nice soft carpet in the bottom & I always left it open, & he would wander in there.
    Good luck, I hope she comes home soon! ;)
    Tracie

17. sonnycher

sonnycher Embryo

still no sight of cher

Thanks for your well wishes. I have looked around everything warm and no sight of her. I live in Northern California and it never gets below 55 in the house so besides computers and electrical cords there isnt much for her to warm up to. I looked in all of the usual places and behind the books in the bookcases, drawers of clothing, closed laundry hamper, piles of folded towels under the sink....

Its possible in the ten minutes that I left her unsupervised in the living room that she ran from there through the kitchen to the family room and either into the garage or out the patio door to the back yard. I was in that area at the time and did not hear anything - I usually hear the nails on the hardwood floors.

Friends have been suggesting that I put sonny the male out to find her but I dont think they have much of a sense of smell.

I am heartbroken.... :cry:

18. Mecca

Mecca Member

WOW im so sorry:( they can smell pheromones from what distance I am unsure but one of the moderaters or other more expirienced keepers could be of assistance .I had a friend that lost his Iguana in late summer and they didnt find him until late spring the following year couldnt believe he survuved canadas cold winter but dang he was nasty. I really hope you find Her I can imagine your panick and heartache

19. Lil_Jo

Lil_Jo Member

Have you tried setting up a heat lamp in any of the rooms? near floor level?
    We have a heater for when Elmo does run on the floor & he will always find it when he gets cold.
    Or have you tried putting some food down on the floor to try & entice her out?

20. Faeze

Faeze New Member

I hopr you find him soon. I helped a friend find a monter and she had crwled into a vent! That was hard to take apart...

21. sonnycher

sonnycher Embryo

have two basking lamps out but not food

I have two dogs as well and they would eat or try to eat whatever I put out for her. She prefers worms anyways... With her size being 380 grams I am skeptical that she could climb in the vents but I guess it possible.
    ;)

22. ngcrawfish

ngcrawfish Member

RE: have two basking lamps out but not food

This is just so scarey! Keep up the hunt and we will all have positive thoughts for you. Look in all the cuddly spots.

23. TerryQu

TerryQu Embryo

Praying for you. I hope she is found.

24. edn_21

edn_21 Embryo

Still looking for her? :p

25. Drache613

Drache613 Well-Known Member

Have you found her yet?

I was just wondering....have you found her yet? I have been thinking about you hoping.... :D
    Tracie