My new BEL! = ) (DUW)

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by JEFFREH, Nov 9, 2011.

1. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

My special little snakey finally came in today! This is my Blue-Eyed Leucistic (BEL) Ball Python I received from Jerry Robertson (snakesRkewl) in a trade. Been eagerly awaiting this girl's arrival for a loong time... she decided to go on a little feed strike prior to being shipped.

So without further adieu... I give you my new female BEL. Name ideas are welcome, although I think I'm leaning toward "Luna." I'll paste in pics of the package, etc as well to get the whole feel of excitement I had =)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She is absolutely fearless, and came cruising out of her bag as soon as I opened it up. I love her <3

Thanks for looking! = )

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. electrofelt

electrofelt Member

She is SO beautiful Jeff!!!! I am so excited for you. I love the picture right when you opened the bag and her head came popping out! I was definitely giggling like a little school girl, but no one heard me, so it's OK. You must be so excited! I still can't believe how small she is : )

JEFFREH likes this.
  4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

Third picture is exactly what Loki did when he came waddling out of his bag like it was the most natural thing in the world. Prepare for her to go missing soon. o___________o

JEFFREH likes this.
  6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

She's awesome! How old is she? I love her eyes! :)

JEFFREH likes this.
  8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. яowan.ω

яowan.ω Well-Known Member

*Jealousy*

lizardgurl87 and JEFFREH like this.
  10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Thanks guys!! She was so cute when she came out of the bag - nudging her head against my hand that was blocking her from the scissors cutting the ziptie. She then came charging out tongue flicking and curious about everything going on. She seemed completely oblivious to the fact that she traveled across the country in a small box...I think she was just happy to see the light of day again lol!

I love her eyes too, and I believe she pipped her egg on July 12th if I remember correctly. So she's almost 4 months old! She's a little small, the little stinker decided to go on a feed strike for the last 6 weeks or so which inhibited any shipping. She would have been here almost two months ago if it weren't for that =P She also decided to rub her head on the lid of her enclosure and has a little baby boo on the top barely noticable in a couple of the photos. Its almost completely healed and should be gone in a shed or two.

Here are some photos of her that Jerry took; including her parents. I thought it might be cool to include these. The egg shot may be her or one of her siblings... I think Jerry hatched out two or three BEL's from that clutch.

THE FOLLOWING PHOTOS BELONG TO JERRY ROBERTSON AND HIS PARTNER ROBERT S. I DID NOT TAKE THESE PHOTOS. JERRY'S USERNAME ON A NUMBER OF SITES IS "snakesRkewl". He's a fantastic guy and I couldn't be more pleased with how well the transaction went. Jerry's one of the best!

Parents: Male VPI Lesser with no spots in the aleins and a female VPI Butter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are pics from her ad that Jerry posted:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lookin' cute:
    [​IMG]
    Again, these photos were taken by Jerry Robertson (snakesRkewl)

Thanks again everyone! = )
    ps. Cammy if she goes missing I will hunt you down... I know where you live. That dog and dragon of yours will be gonners, kapeesh? ; )

lizardgurl87 and яowan.ω like this.
  12. яowan.ω

яowan.ω Well-Known Member

Lol, in the last one she's like, "Wut?"
    Nooo, Jeff! D: Don't hurt Lokiiii!

Cammy and JEFFREH like this.
  13. supernova

supernova Member

WOW, Congrats on such a beautiful girl. Already prepped for photo shoots!

As for a name.....hmmmmm. When i seen her photo these instantly fit, at least if I where to choose the name.

1. Arabella = Dutch-->"Beautiful"
    2. Adara = Greek--->"Beautiful"
    3. Adonia = Greek---> "Beautiful lady." Feminine of Adonis."
    4. Keely= Irish---> "Beautiful"
    or you could go mythical as in Ladon (Python), The snake that guarded the golden apples in the Garden of the Hesperides....but i think that snake was squished by the Minotaur, I don't remember....high school was soooooo loooooong ago.

Just food for thought, With a inquisitive beauty like that i would be leaning mythical naming personally.

JEFFREH likes this.
  14. geckolover22

geckolover22 Well-Known Member

beautiful snake *.*

JEFFREH likes this.
  15. xlendi

xlendi Member

We are all so excited for you! You have been waiting quite a while. The pictures look like any baby pictures - but though these particular baby pictures may not appeal to everyone, I am sure that everyone on the boards is smiling and enjoying your new "baby" along with you. Yet, imagine a BP that goes on a food strike!Names? The BEL led me to think of Belle or Bella - another name for beautiful, of course. Though I do always appreciate names from antiquity - very ancient history is another of my favourite things.
    Sharon

JEFFREH and яowan.ω like this.
  16. Luthien

Luthien New Member

Congratulations!! She's gorgeous!! Love all the pics and it was an awesome idea to include the packaging and parents :)

JEFFREH likes this.
  17. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

you now own my favorite ball pything morph, im practicly swooning over how pretty she is in those pictures

does the breeder have a website?

JEFFREH likes this.
  18. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Oh my goodness!!!! YAY!!! She is too flipping cute coming right out of her bag like that! She's adorable :) I love when they are fearless and just happy to explore and be able to look around :) <3 I vote you combine the names and make her name Bella Luna.... beautiful moon :) I think it fits pretty well.... It also happens to be my 2 cat's names (Bella, and Luna) :) So I'm a little biased! Congrats Jeff!!! Finally!!!!!

JEFFREH likes this.
  19. Cookie17

Cookie17 HOTM Winner June

She's SOOO gorgeous! And SOOO tiny! I want her!!! *jealous* Can't wait til I move out and can have the kind of animals I want. (snakes, rats, etc) I'm not allowed to get anymore animals and also my mom HATES rats and snakes, so even if I was allowed more animals, they wouldn't be one of them.
    Congrats!

JEFFREH likes this.
  20. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Thanks everyone!! I appreciate the kind words = )

Rowan - Don't worry, I would never hurt Loki lol. I would hold him hostage, pamper him, and eat the ears off of her dog while snuggling him to death...

Robert, Lauren, and xlendi- Thanks for the name suggestions! I like those; I'm kind of making a list of options and I'll be throwing them around at her to see which one sticks best.

Shanna - Jerry doesn't have a website, but I can gladly provide you with contact info if you'd like. I'm not sure if he's going to be producing any BEL's next season, he's putting a lot of focus into some yellowbelly and clown projects. Great guy though... kept me updated on her constantly, good communication, and just a down-to-earth dude = )

She's settling into her new home now. It's hard to refrain from checking on her, but I want to make sure she is comfortable and gets used to things. I think I'll try to feed her tomorrow or Saturday...MAYBE can get some feeding pics up if she chooses to comply.

Cammy, Shanna66 and lizardgurl87 like this.
  21. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

sure, i would love that. do you knowaround how much he charges? im sure it will be a few years before ive got the money to buy one since all my current cash is going to redoing tanks and house stuff this year

22. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

This girl was $1250 shipped - although thankfully I traded out for most of that = P I know he doesn't have anymore BEL's available but he is selling a Lesser Bee, some Bumblebees, and maybe an Ivory male at current.

Do you have a preference for the genetics? Lesser X Lesser or Lesser x Butter tend to be the whitest of the BEL's and most expensive... the Butter x Butter is also very white but their eyes are known to bug out a little bit. Mojave X Lesser/Butter are usually quite white and Mojave x Mojave are generally the cheapest but tend to have gray heads and faint dorsal coloration. I'd say in a couple of years prices will be much more reasonable for any of the combos...I wouldn't be surprised if you can get BEL's for several hundred less to even half of what I paid now.

23. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

OMG!!!! she looks awesome!! I don't see how people cannot like a pure white snake like that (they must be the people against all of the good in the world). What are you keeping her in, AND are you planning on breeding her next year?

JEFFREH likes this.
  24. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

I'm keeping her in a happy little bin, nothing too fancy. She's settling in and resting right now - made sure she was well hydrated and her tempers were perfect. She's been tucked away in her hide all day but came out to cruise around and explore late in the evening last night. She's a cool little snakey = )

I don't have any plans for her next year, but the year after if she makes it to breeding weight I might do some pairing. Not quite sure what I want to do yet.... Still debating if I should shoot for a Killer Bee female or Male to add next... if male I can run him through her adn hit 50% Queen Bees. But I've also considered getting a Firefly male or something and shoot for Firefly Lessers or Butterfly's. I've got some time to decide on the right male though = )

яowan.ω likes this.
  25. Cookie17

Cookie17 HOTM Winner June

Could you breed her with a male that is the same color/morph as her? I don't know much about snakey morph.. or any morphs for that mater, but still. Also, when you go to feed her, or even sooner preferrably, can you post pics of her enclo? I LOVE looking at enclo pics of all kinds of animals. It fascinates me. I love drawing blueprints so... XD