my snake has escaped

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by Jpope85, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Jpope85

Jpope85 Embryo

I have a red tail boa, about 5 feet long, that has somehow escaped from its cage, of course i have searched everywhere and its no where to be found, there is a side attic in my room that it could have gotten into, that lead has insulations/tons of nooks and crannys into the walls. i also have 3 cats living in the house so i am very worried. any tips on how to locate this guy would be great, thanks

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

ok i wont speech about the tank probem but heres a way to get escaped snakes.

lower the tank temp
    get a heat mat a water bowl and a hiding spot in some space and also in strategic place.
    also put some flour so you can see the track if the snake is movnig (also in strategic place)
    if you're lucky the snake will be found.
    also, search more and get rid of the cat for a while.

hope this helps :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

Look around close to the tank. I have a few few escapes before and all were found again... with in 10 feet of the home cage. They are great at stuffing them selves in to a small places. Watch the cats, they will know where the snake is. a 5 foot boa would be a bit of a chalenge for a cat. If the cats are acting skiddish in a perticular area, there might be a reason for that...