My super worms came in !! One question and don't laugh

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by xboxmember1978, Mar 27, 2007.

1. xboxmember1978

xboxmember1978 Member

Do they bite !! I have to admit this is the first time I ever saw them and they look scary LOL....

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. BigS06

BigS06 Member

Nope, dont think they bite. Well they havent gotten me yet anywho. :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Dan1992

Dan1992 Member

i dont think they can..

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. xboxmember1978

xboxmember1978 Member

Ok...LOL...before I take them out of the box I wanted to ask...They are very creepy looking

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. strange_wings

strange_wings Member

They sure as heck try to. If you have soft skin on your fingers you may feel something. Either way I use hemostats to pick them up, even my husband refuses to touch them.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. begunwithaletter

begunwithaletter Well-Known Member

I've been bitten by supers... I won't touch them with my hands, I always use tweezers/hemos.

12. xboxmember1978

xboxmember1978 Member

Now your freaking me out...LOL

13. Odemus

Odemus Member

they have 6 sharp claws for walking that prickle and make you think there bitting..
    but mostly there mandables are to small to get a grip on you... belive me if they do youll know it.. fells like a red ant bite... but mostly it the claws you feel over your skin....

i handle them dayly and only got bit once... (cuz i wanted to feel it so it wqas on pourpose)

14. PitsNherps

PitsNherps Well-Known Member

I touch them with my hands all the time and have never been bitten I dont think it would hurt.

15. Val

Val Member

We got them by mistake with one of our orders, so we figured we'd give them a try. I got pinched and so did one of the geckos. Whether it was a pinch or a bite, I didn't really care for it either way! I'd be using tweezers.

16. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

They bite! I hate the little buggers and use tweezers. Yup, I'm a wuss :D

17. sepand

sepand New Member

Yeah they bite man. My uncle was handling them once and 3 of them bit his hands off from his wrist...

Nah they don't bite man, or at least that's the conclusion I can give according to my own experience. They do get aggressive when I try to pick them up from the bottom of the tank (boy it's hard cuz you can't get a grip) but they've never bitten me.

18. xboxmember1978

xboxmember1978 Member

Well I just found out my adult LOVES them !! He ate 6 huge ones just now

19. Saucy

Saucy Well-Known Member

I use bamboo tongs. Heck if I'm touching those!

20. sepand

sepand New Member

Supers aint that bad... I wonder if there are people who don't touch supers but touch crix. Now THAT would be ironic.

21. LittleLouie

LittleLouie Well-Known Member

I guess I touch everything . . . except roaches . . . the sound of them is still creepy for me to try. I don't really like touching the supers either though. I usually try to grab them by the back of the head, up next to their feet. They wiggle all over the place when I do, but then I know that they can't bite me.

22. strange_wings

strange_wings Member

I use hemostats for crickets too, mostly cause they stink and I don't want to get bit by a gecko or turtle that misses the cricket.

23. sepand

sepand New Member

I'll never touch roaches... yuck. I remember a giant flying one hitting me in the face when I was a kid...
    Crix look A BIT like roaches, that's why I haven't touched them yet. But I'd like to, don't know how though. I guess I just have to close my eyes and put my hand in their tank. Either that or just shut up, man up and stop whining.

24. LittleLouie

LittleLouie Well-Known Member

Awe, crickets are cute, and they have a pleasant chirping sound that makes me think of cool summer evenings after a day of hot sun. I've always liked crickets. In fact, I feel sorry for them when I feed them to my gecko. When my growing crickets are tiny, I am afraid of accidentally squishing them, so I use a cup to catch them. When they are bigger though, I just get them. I usually try to hold onto them by their jumping legs, or their thorax.

25. Fiche

Fiche GOTM Winner

Now I feel like a big baby. I don't touch any of my feeders, I've always had tongs to pick them up. My boyfriend won't touch them either. He has no problem squishing them when they escape, but he would never pick one up. I guess we just aren't bug people, haha. My dad on the other hand would reach right in the container and scoop up crickets.. ew!