My Temp as of now...

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by dejayssaleen, Feb 27, 2007.

1. dejayssaleen

dejayssaleen Member

....... just hit 80

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. BuGeYeS

BuGeYeS Member

How is the temp on the warm side fairing? Also, watch setting the light over the cool side thermometer. I've noticed if my light gets scooted over too close it will give a false reading.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. dejayssaleen

dejayssaleen Member

as of right now on the floor on my cool side its still 80...... it hasn't gone past that..... on the warm side with the probe taped down to the floor over the hot spot it is at 90.5....... what do ya'll think.... are these good enough temps?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. dejayssaleen

dejayssaleen Member

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. pjblink

pjblink Member

If they are stable at those temperatures, sounds good! A 10 degree gradient is pretty much what is advised.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. dejayssaleen

dejayssaleen Member

when i put the red light on..... the tem was like at 66.... every few min it woudl go up like 2 degrees..... but its been holding at 80 for like an hour and 1/2... no more no less..... as far as the warm side its staying right around 90... like 88 - 91 going back and fouth

12. dejayssaleen

dejayssaleen Member

now... i put the one themo IN the cave on the cool side..... and its reading 73 INSIDE the hide on the floor... is that ok? Right outside the cave the floor is 80.

13. pjblink

pjblink Member

That is fine, the hide is blocking most of the heat from your bulb. 73 is absolutely fine for the cool side.

14. dejayssaleen

dejayssaleen Member

K thats really good to know! I was kinda freaking out about it... so as it is inside the cave is 73, right outside is 80, and warm side is right around 90

15. LittleLouie

LittleLouie Well-Known Member

It should be fine. Remember, the tiles directly underneath the light will soak up the heat, and then it will slowly move through the tile to heat the parts where the light is blocked by the hide. It may still go up a few more degrees inside the hide, but even if it doesn't, the cool side temperature sounds warm enough.

16. dejayssaleen

dejayssaleen Member

MY TEMPS ARE STEADY!!!!! AROUND 78 - 80 ON COOL SIDE, AND 90 - 92 ON WARM SIDE!!! Looks like its time to start shopping for a Leo!!! Woot Woot!

17. LittleLouie

LittleLouie Well-Known Member

YAY! Sounds great :D

18. pjblink

pjblink Member

Perfect! Nice one :D It's pretty obvious why you need at least a few days to properly set up your tank before you drop an animal in there.

Think of the difference:

1) Stress to a new gecko, in a big new enclosure, temperatures fluctuating and a huge monster keeps moving the sun.

2) Gently placing a new gecko into a nice big enclosure, lots of hiding places, perfect temperatures, and this gentle giant that brings you food!

19. leopardman3000

leopardman3000 New Member

whatever is best for the gecko ;)