New england area reptile shows...

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by StikyPaws312, Aug 28, 2006.

1. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Well I have been waiting patiently for a reptile show to come to the area since I missed the last one back in July ;) And yet again... i missed the bruswick maine one yesterday, i thought it was next weekend, darn. Oh well but anyway, there are 3 more coming to our area and I was wondering if anyone had ever gone to any of these or are going this year:

The New York Reptile Expo in White Plains, NY on Sept. 10th (Sunday) from 10am-4pm.
    http://www.reptileexpo.com/ny_main.htm

The All New England Reptile Expo in Manchester, NH on saturday October 14th from 10am-4pm
    http://www.reptileexpo.com/neweng_main.htm

And the Regal semi-annual Sale and Swap in Providence, RI on Sunday October 29th from 11am-7pm.
    http://www.regalreptile.com/events.htm

The NY one I have been to before, it just so happened to be on my way back up to Boston from my house in NY. It was great, i definately had a lot of fun, and I heard it has become even larger in the last couple ones that I have missed.... But for that particular weekend it is a bit far of a drive for me (just under 4 hours) to go and come back unless there will be something spectacular there....
    The new england one I have heard in the past to be smaller than the NY show but has also recently become larger.... Anyone ever been to this one? Would it be worth it to wait for this one? (its only about an hour drive)
    And the Regals swap, is it big or small? Anyone ever been (to the store or the swaps?) Can you bring your own animals? (sorry, never been to a swap, i dont know whats allowed or not)

I dunno, just wondering if there was anyone who had any input on which show they thought to be more worth going to or something to make up my mind on which one to go to! lol. Either way I cant wait to go again and maybe put some faces to screennames :)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Krepoort

Krepoort Member

I'll likely hit the one in NH if you want to carpool Stiky. I don't feel like driving all the way to NY. ;)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

lol yeah i dont feel like driving all the way to NY cuz i live in NY and i would just want to go all the way home... but i cant that weekend so yuck.... lol. But yeah, we coule def. carpool, that would be awesome, anyone else wanna join our excursion to the NH one? lol
    and yeah u better be there miss birthday girl! lol. no excuses for u! :-p

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

eire, if ur headin down to NY and feel like pickin up some straglers in boston.... lol

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Krepoort

Krepoort Member

Oh crap. I just looked at the vendor list and Black Jungle is gonna be at the New England Reptile Expo. I'm sure I'm gonna want to pic up some poison dart frogs while I am there. I'd better get cracking on putting together a tank. :shock:

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

o boy... i have a tank all set up.... uhoh... lol

12. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

I've been to the NH one a couple years ago and haven't been able to get back since. I always have something else going on for the weekend they pick. Which I believe is the problem with the White Plains, NY show this time. I remember being pissed that I was going to miss it again for something stupid.
    The NH show wasn't too bad, but the selection of leos was pretty bad. Not sure if it was just a bad show for leos, or if that's typical for that one. But lots of snakes at that one. Tons of BPs and quite a few vendors with various boas.