New here

Discussion in 'Other Pythons' started by Nerdychic, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Nerdychic

Nerdychic Embryo

Well i'm new here.I came here because i'm thinking about getting a ball python and you people seem to know alot about them.Are there any ups and downs of owning one?Do they make good pets for children?Any words of advice or caution would be greatly appreciated.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. zayelskeeper

zayelskeeper Embryo

Ball Pythons make the PERFECT first snakes..for a relatively mature child...its 10 here on the east coast and mine just ate...they are clean and efficient...and they dont grow too too big...they are standoffish about handling but they are the most docile breed i have ever owned...they just get a bad rep cuz its a "Snake"..just think of a cat without the fur...

Do enjoy and make sure you look at lots and lots of care sheets...dont ever rely just on one...

Take care
    Josh

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Nerdychic

Nerdychic Embryo

about how much do they weigh when they are full grown?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

They are very handleable as far as weight and lenght are concerned. They will max out around the 4' range. One thing to be aware of with a ball python is that they can be very picky eaters. Sometimes going off food for no apparent reason at all. Some other snakes to consider as starters are childrens and spotted pytons, rosy boas, and corn snakes.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

Welcome! :lol: