New Home for Breeding Male Green Anole

Discussion in 'Animal Adoptions' started by ELF2240, Jun 11, 2012.

1. ELF2240

ELF2240 New Member

My largest male green anole needs a new home. I will offer free crickets as well as free reptile soil and a heating lamp along with him for free. I rescued another anole a few days ago from being eaten alive and it turns out it is male, rather than female, as I had originally thought; therefore, him living with my big male is not going to work out.

This particular male has been treated very well from a young age. He has a very laid back and spends most of his day basking, eating, and sleeping. He i in good health, and about 9" long from head to tail. He would need at least a 20 gal, tall terrarium, with an arboreal set-up. His main diet consists of crickets and mealworms (gut loaded).

Please let me know if anyone is interested! Or if anyone has a spare 20 gal tank, I would be happy to acquire and/or pay for that!

Thank You,
    -ELF

LizardMan1215 likes this.
  2. ELF2240

ELF2240 New Member

********edit! I have acquired a second tank and am able to keep ALL of my anoles!

- ELF

3. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

That's great! Is the new tank just for this male anole for now? What size is it?(just out of curiousity)
    I, at first, had mine in a normal 10G and I did have a female with him in it last year-they did mate, but she was small and died from egg binding. I now have the nice Zoo Med 18x18x18 I got on sale, used, a few months after that. I have the frog in there now too and I did have another "female" for awhile-that turned out to be a male and I had to bring it back. So, I sort of did have the same situation as you :) Good you resolved it though!

4. ELF2240

ELF2240 New Member

he's just a baby (newborn really) about 1" long minus his tail. he's in a

5. ELF2240

ELF2240 New Member

** 10 gal that's longer than it is wide it's about 12" tall, but trust me, he has PLENTY of space to climb and is doing very well alone :).

LizardMan1215 and lizardgurl87 like this.
  6. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

I didn't know he was so young then! He will have a lot of space for awhile then! And I know they'll do well alone, especially the males :) Hope the best to you with him!

LizardMan1215 and ELF2240 like this.
  7. LizardMan1215

LizardMan1215 Embryo

I would love to have your anole. No one has told me where to purchase anole eggs :( sadly so I guess I will have to breed

8. LizardMan1215

LizardMan1215 Embryo

I got a 30 gallon tank. How much for him I just need the lizard Donny worry about anything else I have twoo other anoles to young to breed and related. Dont want them to mate.

9. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator Staff Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like the anole is no longer for sale. Glad you are able to keep everyone Elf = )