New Iguana! But NOSE is rotting!?

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by renoiguana, Jan 28, 2010.

1. renoiguana

renoiguana Embryo

I just purchased a green iguana from a pet store in part because he/she was one of four in a aquarium about the size of a men's shoe box, not much bigger anyways. So All of their noses were dried up really bad. I figured they all were rubbing their noses. I took the biggest because well he was just too BIG. He was longer than the width of the aquarium and there were three all lined up against the back about the same size. He was just in front and had the look of desperation. He had no issues getting out and I assume he enjoys his new home. BUT! his nose is so dry it looks bad. A small piece of his lip is black or really dark and his nose has the same issues. I have sprayed him plenty with the aloe spray and b1 and 2. His nose seemed to look like it was moistening. However his nasal area looked like it was barely bleeding. When his nose is dry it looks crusty and yellowish-brown. When I spray him down it turns to a really dark almost black color.

What do I do to treat this? I would like to give it my best shot without taking him to the vet to drop a hundred bucks i dont have.

Any suggestions? Thanks

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. renoiguana

renoiguana Embryo

Wow people view but don't reply. What a great forum! Its all good though. I did some research. I used betadine and antifungal cream on a toothbrush and rubbed his nose with it. It seems to have shown improvement after day 1 so we shall see. Thanks for all the help "The Reptile Rooms". NOT