new leo- in bad shape

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by Leona&Amy, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Leona&Amy

Leona&Amy Well-Known Member

Blinga- I dont mind but I dont have it. I PMed you.
    vette- Yeah your right. I just got home from a friends baby shower and I met a girl who has a veiled chameleon. She said shes never home so she might give it to me. I know they can be tough but Ive been reading all the care sheets I can find.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. vetteman21

vetteman21 Member

ya thats awsome, i wish i had the room for something like that, lol oh well, one of my old friends i havent tlaked to in a while has offered to give me her pet rat, lol she doesnt have the time to take care of it because she has a kid now, lol i love rats they make such awsome pets.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Leona&Amy

I had 3 rats when I was 10 or 11. I named them after my friends and me. Its sad that they dont have a very long lifespan. So are you going to take it?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. vetteman21

vetteman21 Member

ya deffidently, lol im also gonna get a dumbo eared rat from my work cause rats are very social and tend to be nerotic if they are alone. lol just more fun for me, dumbos are also very calm and nice rats and cute as well, lol

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. vetteman21

vetteman21 Member

oh by the way hows the little dude doin?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Leona&Amy

Ive never heard of them they have bigger ears I assume?

12. vetteman21

vetteman21 Member

well not really they have them furthr down on there head and thier heads are alittle wider and shorter, lol tey also get quite big, compared toa regualr rat, but for some reason calmer

13. Leona&Amy

Hes pretty much diong the same- ate 5 mealies this morning. But something odd- he pooed and it was almost all urates(the whiteish stuff).

14. vetteman21

vetteman21 Member

hmmm? strange, got him to the vet yet?

15. Leona&Amy

No vet Yet. Hopefully I can make the appt this week(depends on my check). But Im thinking its because this is his first week of a real diet and his body is assimilating as much of the food as possible. I just google imaged the rat- very cuite! I like the white with black spots.

16. vetteman21

vetteman21 Member

ya thats the hooded, in the dumbo line they are very rare actually, i dont kno why tho

17. Leona&Amy

Well youll have to put some more pics an your album for us when you get them!! Cant wait to see.....

18. vetteman21

vetteman21 Member

i just added a couple more pics of pandora into my album

19. Leona&Amy

What a beaut! She has a cool pattern. I can see it alot better in those pics.

20. vetteman21

vetteman21 Member

its cool cause the little "squares" on her back are an orangey colour, lol im so proud

21. Leona&Amy

And you should be!!! Like I said shes a beaut!

22. vetteman21

vetteman21 Member

lol :D thank you :)

23. Leona&Amy

The little guy just had brunch and downed 7-9 mealies (I lost track). Hes been refusing crix the past few days. So now I have one leo who eats mealies and one who eats crix ;)

24. vetteman21

vetteman21 Member

lol if only they would compramise for u and eat only mealies or only crix, lol im usre life would be a little easier

25. Leona&Amy

youre telling me! And they had been out at the store for a week or so. My sister and I had to drive way up to the northside and go to their other location to pick up more mealies. She has 2 button quail and feeds them a few mealies a day. Its cute to watch them eat the mealies.