Odd behavior

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by DeadByDesign, Apr 6, 2008.

1. DeadByDesign

DeadByDesign New Member

i have a green gua gua hes about 1 year old and i just recently aquiered a red iggy hes still a juvinile and when i put him with my green she starts nodding her head up and down and occasionally licks him what is that about? ive never seen her do that not even around my cats when i let them play is it a territorial thing cuz i put him in her cage or what?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. EndVision

EndVision New Member

It could be. Head bobbing can sometimes be a loving gesture but others it can mean "hey get away"...i wouldnt house the igs together for too long because it only takes a blink and something can happen so dont play the guessing games just try and keep them apart

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. DeadByDesign

DeadByDesign New Member

i dont cage them together my little igg would slip right through my bigg ones cage i bring them out of there cages together and let them hang in my room with me they dont really interact with eachother much

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. EndVision

EndVision New Member

just as long as you keep a close eye on them during there interactions you should be ok, if you see things starting to get aggressive move in and remove one of the igs