Pic of Anole

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by goldanole, Sep 10, 2005.

1. goldanole

goldanole New Member

This is a picture of my young green anole,Ike.I think he's a young male although I'm not 100% sure .Isn't he cutie though?

[​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. General48

General48 Member

lol sure is but the pic isnt the greatest quality

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. goldanole

goldanole New Member

i know but it's a bit hard getting a real good pic of my anoles with my camera. They're either too small to see in the pic or too blurry on the zoom. I'm trying to get the perfect shot though..

Here's a better pic. I took this one on the first day I got him.

[​IMG]

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. lizard_man_Lane

lizard_man_Lane Well-Known Member

Cute little anole!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. souledge

souledge New Member

he awsome

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. enightmare

enightmare New Member

He's big...

12. goldanole

goldanole New Member

He's not actually that big he looks big cause of the zoom. Jimmy's alot bigger than he is but Ike is still young and growing.

13. bigmatt

bigmatt New Member

Im not an expert but that looks to be a female

14. CODY

CODY Member

you can tell by pulling the skin underneath his neck gently and if their is a pink dewlap it is a male and if theirs no dewlap its a female.

15. jagjm

jagjm New Member

Most females have dewlaps too. I know that was what I thought but both of mine have dewalps. If you look at their heads the males have larger more squared off heads than the females

16. bratspets

bratspets Member

Very cute...

17. retnuh2010

retnuh2010 Member

He looks really happy! :)

18. goldanole

goldanole New Member

Sorry to bring an old topic back up. Here's the newest pic of Ikey and one of Jimmy.Recently I acquired a 20gl tank from a neighbor and placed a strudy divider so Ike and Jimmy could live in one tank with no problems. Anyway here ya go.

Ike:
    [​IMG]
    As you can see the stripes on Ike's back have not gone away so I am thinking that maybe he IS a "she" .Can never really tell eh? I orignally picked him to cause I thought he was a female so I could place him with Jimmy only for Jim to display his fan, chase and bite him(perhaps he was trying to breed her?) So I think Ike is a female I will wait to see if her stripes go away.

This is Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    Jimmy I think just has a grouchy personality.He is almost always brown. I've done everything to see if I could to make him happy. Right now he has 10gls of space all to himself,a 50watt heatlight/UV lights as well from above,branches to climb on,plants to hide in,he gets his tank misted twice a day,he gets fed/eats on a regular basis(once a week i dont feed them so their digestion can relax),I clean the tank once a week ,he's never handled only and ONLY when I have to clean the tank other than being brown he seems pretty healthy.He eats,drinks,climbs and everything else a healthy anole does.I don't know what else to do.Anyone else have a "grouchy" anole?

19. bratspets

bratspets Member

If they are both males, and Jimmy can still see Ike, he may be stressed about it.
    Or maybe if Ike is a she, Jimmy is stressed that he can't get to her.
    Staying brown is a sign of stress and it sounds like his husbandry requirements are met,
    so that's the only thing that comes to mind. Internal parasites may cause them to stay brown, too.
    Most anoles are wild caught, I think, so you might run a fresh stool sample to your vet.
    The pics are yery nice. Cute little guys.

20. retnuh2010

retnuh2010 Member

Goldanole, could you post pictures of your all of your tank. From the pictures it looks really cool!

21. zippy

zippy New Member

you should have named jimmy mike so it would be mike and ike! you should research more on anole sexing/breeding.

22. beardiefreak

beardiefreak Member

aww so so so so so so so adorable

23. souledge

souledge New Member

mine the same way wont turn green no matter what did he ever turn gren when ike was in there if ike is a female

24. greenanole5894

greenanole5894 New Member

Ike actually looks like a female, He may be young though, and still be a he. But it looks like a female.

25. pigger93

pigger93 Member

nice pics