pics of my dog!

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Hummingbird, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Spot

Spot ReptileBoards Addict

Awww. Too cute! Makes me want to cuddle up with her!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. kimberlyanne999

kimberlyanne999 Member

here is Boomer the other day after a play date. he was sooooo tired.

[​IMG]
    he looks so tiny in this picture. you would never know he is about 115lbs.

[​IMG]

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Awww! They are so adorable! Both your pups are cuties! I wish I could take a pic of my dog sleeping, he'd prolly wake up on he then bark at the camera and come up to lick it.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Hummingbird

thanks, all!

well, when ginger was young anything and everything would wake her up. you could drop a paper clip on the carpet in the bedroom and she'd hear it in the living room and get up and start barking her head off! she's 14 now, though, and going blind and deaf - but otherwise healthy.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Aww poor thing. At least I can relax knowing its under super good care and will be able to live a REALLY happy life even with those problems!

Once again cute lil doggie!

12. Hummingbird

thx a lot - yeah she's had some close calls in the last 3 years (abcessed tooth led to a blood infection; large intestine problem causing bloody stools; a couple mild seizures, etc) but the vet still says her heart and lungs are in great shape (not surprising for a dachshund really - they have been bred to have great cardiopulmonary strength [as you can tell by their large chest cavities]). she's on metronidazole permanently now because of the bowel problem (we think the metro might actually be what is causing the blindess, but she can't live without it).

BUT she's still in remarkably good health for all she's been through. the only major problem is her going blind and deaf. oh and she has a touch of arthritis in her tail.

but she's my baby! i don't know what i'll do when i lose her. animals certainly become part of the family!

13. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

hey Hummingbird what type of dog is that?

14. Hummingbird

i said in my previous post - dachshund. :)

15. shorty48

shorty48 New Member

Aw your dogs so cute:D I have a Golden Retriver mixed with Lab .. they have the same face when they sleep lol ;)

16. Hummingbird

hey shorty, thanks!

17. wideglide

wideglide Well-Known Member

Both your dogs are adorable. I miss having a dog since I've been in an apt. Time to get a house!!

18. Floyd_Is_My_Beardie

Floyd_Is_My_Beardie Member

they are the cutest dogs ever.

19. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Forgot to compliment you on the name you gave her. Ginger suites her very nicely! What a cute doggie :D

20. Hummingbird

oh, well, i was 8 years old at the time! i thought it was SO original. come to find out every other female dog in the US is named ginger! lol! but thanks!!

21. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

sorry bout that. are they good with little kids? my cousin wants a dog and i think she would like that one

22. Hummingbird

depends on the age. dachshunds are really good with kids over the age of, say, 6. dachshunds are prone to back trouble and to becoming over-weight and little kids are always dropping dogs, carrying them wrong, and feeding them from the table. little kids are also so much more likely to pull the dog's tail, jump on him, annoy him in other ways. so if she's more than 6 years old i think it would be a good choice. otherwise i'd wait awhile or get another breed.