Pics of your beardies tanks/set ups please!

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by wilykit, Sep 4, 2006.

1. shana_f

shana_f New Member

I now have slate tiles in my viv and I love it. Not only is it less smelly, but it is much easier to clean. Plus, like another said it helps nicely with sharp nails! I hope to one day get larger tiles, as of right nowI have 6" ones. Thats all they had when I bought them. And of course my beardie poos in the corners and I have to clean more! Silly Dragon

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. nickasouras

nickasouras Member

no, the screen is in front of a 2x4 that is flat, and there is one spot for him to climb out, but i have a feeling he is happy enough in his cage.
    here is a better pic of the screen.

[​IMG]

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. nickasouras

nickasouras Member

/oh and that spot is the 2x4 that is facing horizantle(sp*).

oh and if you ever run out of money to buy a cage just do what i did, build the cage on the floor, (and it only took about an hour to build, but painting the floor is another story.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. RPC

RPC Embryo

What size tank is that and what size tiles are those? they seem to fit perfect. did you have to cut them at all? Thanks

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Arizona

Arizona New Member

It's a 60 gal. (48" x 16") I did have to cut the tile a bit since I used 18" tiles. LOWES hardware usually will cut your tiles for you with a wet saw. It puts a nice clean cut on them and you won't have to mess with it. Just make sure you measure the tile before cutting them since they are usually a little bit under 18".

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

Reallyince looking set up! clean, attracitve abd retains that natural outdoor look

you done good!!!!

12. wilykit

wilykit New Member

hi i went into wilkinsons but they didnt have any shelf liner so i went to B&Q and got some natural slate tiles. They were uneven so i put them on a layer of sand. I'm just waiting to get a few cut by my dad so i will post a picture when his tank is complete! He will still have a tiny bit of sand but that will be covered by his big water bowl. I have also filled the gaps between the tiles in with sand just to prevent crickets squeezing down there! I will post a pic shortly!

13. kephy

kephy Moderator

Sounds great!

Here are some recent pics of my setups.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. wilykit

wilykit New Member

I can't actually cut the tiles and i can't find anywhere that will cut them. I might have to scrap those and buy some smaller tiles that aren't as thick. The slate tiles are really thick..i don't have any money at the moment and i'm getting so stressed out!!

15. Arizona

Arizona New Member

If there is a LOWES around you, they'll cut them. Maybe you could try a Dremel tool with a cutting disc. If you have one give it a shot, just keep it wet with water when cutting. If it doesn't cut all the way through it, you could just score the top of it and hope it breaks off clean.

16. Swifty_Boy

Swifty_Boy New Member

Went and got me tiles today from Topps Tiles, £6 or so for 6 of them, £9.99 for a 13" tile cutter :(

17. staceface

staceface Member

think ill be going to Topps Tiles.. im thinking of getting rid of the shelf liner soonish and putting some slate tiles in their.. my dad will be able to cut my tiles, i think he has a tile cutter.

18. ChristyBug

ChristyBug Member

hey don't worry about cutting them.. I took a hammer to mine.. broke them into a million pieces and fit them in as best I could and filled the cracks in with a bit of sand... i'll post a pic as soon as I get one..

19. ChristyBug

ChristyBug Member

Here they are...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. wilykit

wilykit New Member

Finally got the slate cut by my boyfriends dad's friend! Now his viv is nearly all slate with a small area of sand but thats covered by his big water bowl. I also used sand to fill in the gaps between the slate. His tank looks so much better now, when i get paid i am getting some tiles for my geckos viv too. Here's a few pix:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It looks so much better!

21. T-rev

T-rev Embryo

looks really nice! ?is that some sort of fan behind the light?

22. Ryan1990

Ryan1990 Well-Known Member

T-rev its a vent :)
    That looks GREAT wilykit!! :D Just one more suggestion... beardies like elevated basking spots, so if you can find a rock or some let over slate to lift the basking spot an inch or two you viv will be spot on :)

23. T-rev

T-rev Embryo

oh it looks like it has a cord

24. kephy

kephy Moderator

It does. I think it is a fan, used for ventilation.

Wilykit, the tiles look really nice! I bet they'll warm up nice for his beardie tummy. :lol: My only suggestion (aside from agreeing to give him a little higher spot under the lamp) is that you invest in a digital thermometer with a probe. Those plastic stick-on jobs like the one in your picture are known to be pretty innacurate.

Anyways, good job on the changes. Your little beardie looks alert and happy in there. :D

25. ryka

ryka Member

Hey kephy I have the same basking thing for them to climb on as you do! I had the green one for Spike when she was a baby in the 20 gallon and now I have the brown one for her in her costom build 4 feett wide, 2 feet deep and 2 1/2 feet tall cage. I wish I had a digital camera so I could show you all. I want one so bad... Did you get the climbing structure at a petsmart? Thats where I got mine :lol: