Pictures of your leo cage

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by GeckoLover13, Jun 20, 2005.

1. jack020

jack020 New Member

[​IMG] its not very close!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. riac7

riac7 Member

nice slide glass tank jack.. but then wheres the warm hide? calcium dish? the humid hide?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. riac7

riac7 Member

wow nice work wlowell, nice nice stone edge effect.. but where the humid hide? and calcium dish? water dish?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. doughboy

doughboy Member

my oldest brother is making me a wooden cage. he made some for his snakes very nice cages. but he sold 3 of his snakes and is making me a house for my 2 geckos when i am ready to breed them

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. mike9i1

mike9i1 New Member

doughboy , make sure ur brother doesnt use pine or cedar wood, these woods are poisonious to leo's.im gonna be making a wall unit of 4 cages with douglas fir

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. jack020

jack020 New Member

i dont have a calcium dish no point when i dust his crickets. his hides under his log he did have a proper 1 but he doesnt fit in it ne more. he didnt/ doesnt tend to go in his hides very often ne way. also i make it humid in there anyway, ive never had a humid hide thingy and hes been fine never had a prob with shedding.

12. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

I never gave my leo a calcium dish either, I just dusted his crickets, but then I found him licking the excess dust of the carpet. He always seemed fine, but once I gave him a calcium dish, he was eating it all the time (and I still dust his crickets). Now I dust with a D3 suppliment, and give him pure calcium. Just a suggestion, but every Leo is different I suppose. :)

13. doughboy

doughboy Member

my bro doesnt use pine or cedar. i know he made me one before and i never had a problem with it but my other bro needed a place for his tegu so my leo's are in 10 gallon cages.

14. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Leos need the extra calcium. You should have a dish in there 24/7 with Calcium without D3 in it. And you should be dusting with Calcium with D3. Simple Leo Care 101.

15. scarface104n

scarface104n New Member

kimberlyanne999, is that paper towle and how do you have your heating set up

16. scarface104n

scarface104n New Member

brado, how is your heating set up and i have to say that is a nice set up

17. scarface104n

scarface104n New Member

brandonbb89, how do you clean you tank do you have to change the carpet or do you clean it a different way.

18. brado

brado Member

I have an UTH that is on basically all of the time, and then I have a 75 watt red bulb on a thermostat for supplamental heat when the weather/house is cold.

I just got a 20L for her, I'll post a pic of that in a sec...

19. brado

brado Member

Here ya go. Just snapped these off quick like so there's nothing special.

I guess I have some weird lighting in my room though :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this one is kinda streaky/blurry, but I thought it was cool.

[​IMG]

20. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

lol, we can see ur undies sticking out of the top drawer, lol, j/k, very nice set up, I like the pic with ur leo sticking his head out to see what's going on.:)

21. brado

brado Member

Hah yea. I noticed that too. Wasn't too worried about it :p

22. Zenador

Zenador New Member

My two tanks. Isis' tank is on top. Two Cricket tanks on top shelf, and the clear containers on the bottom are for my silkies (One for feeders, one for breeders, and one for hatchlings) There is a door on the right which has heat lamps on it (out of shot.) By moving the door closer or farther from the tanks, I can control the heat kept in the tanks - 1 inch = about 1 degree F. (Yes I have UTH's on both tanks.)

[​IMG]

23. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

nice set ups!

24. unrealjill

unrealjill Well-Known Member

wow am impressed by all the set ups so far... I must be really lame but i love seeing photos of other peoples tanks!

25. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

me too unrealjill! I ove to see the different ways ppl set you thier tanks. Some ppl put alot of work into them, and it is a great source of ideas for future set ups.