planning on getting a leo, question about crickets.

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by skoo, Jul 4, 2004.

1. skoo

skoo Embryo

I plan on gettin a leopard gecko soon. i have everything and know all about them. i just have a question about feeding them. i know it is better to farm ur own crickets, i just don't want to have to deal with a large amount of crickets. would it be costly to just buy enough crickets to feed my gecko for a month, rather than farming my own? i live right beside a petstore so gettin the crickets is no problem. if i were to farm them myself tho, what would u recommend i use to house them in?
    thanks for the help

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

i would recommend keeping them in a rubbermaid tub with some egg cartons as hides with a wet papertowel in a small dish for water and some oats, potatoes, & apples for food. how much do the crickets cost near you? i know the petland over by me charges .09each for big crickets and .08each for small.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. skoo

skoo Embryo

ok. yea around here i can get 100 crickets for $10

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. chris_wade

chris_wade New Member

thats quite a good price. if i were you id buy them at that price coz i used to breed crix and the hatchlings are a nightmare to move and mess around with and there like lightning. but if your ok with 1-2 mm criz then go ahead.