PLEASE help me Lewis is LOST please help!!

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by MyBabyLewis, Jul 28, 2004.

1. MyBabyLewis

MyBabyLewis Embryo

Please take this seriously :)

Please please help me out. Lewis has been lost for over 12 hours. He is a 2 foot long 7-9 month old iguana. Please help me. He is my everything. I noticed him missing when I woke up about 11am this morning. Its 11pm now. He is free roam recently, and I guess I really made a huge mistake. I have put heat lamps and greens in different rooms, and sprinkled flour everywhere. I phone local pet shops for advice. I have looked high and low and I'm petrified. The people I live with have 2 dogs on the first floor. There is a cat living on my floor. I'm a basket case. Please any advice. I know he needs to be found ASAP or he will be too cold to survive. Please do not tell me I should have watched him more carefully, I am already beating myself up. I am so scared, any help is so appreciated. Thank you so much.

~ Jill ~ frantic iguana mommy

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

Have you looked in clothes piles and pockets of clothes in closets?
    Under beds?
    Inside the a box spring?
    Inside or under furniture?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Derek

Derek Member

check the wet places like the bathtub and also check the high areas

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. MyBabyLewis

MyBabyLewis Embryo

Hi Stormy,

It's exactly 24 hours later. I have to be in work at 3. I'm going to have some lunch and start searching again . . .

No sign. Food is untouched, flour hasnt been stepped in, and worst of all I checked and re checked every area you listed. :cry: :cry: :cry:

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Sicksktr

Sicksktr New Member

Were any doors left open that night? Did you look in kitchen cabinets?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. MyBabyLewis

MyBabyLewis Embryo

3rd Night

Hi everyone.

You have been ever so helpful and sweet. Thank you for giving me some of your time

Unfortuneatly, Lewis is still gone. I phoned animal hospitals and pet stores. They all gave me the same response. He will return. They can go without food for a week. He'll come back.

This really really stinks . . . . I live in a house with 3 floors. I tore apart two of the three. Every window and closet. In every article of clothing and under any piece of furniture. Night 3 is when my hope slips. He's too large (or so I think) to get into a space where he would end up in the walls or floors. I checked every radiator. I moved the washer and dryer. I checked 3 bathrooms. The only place I did not look was the first floor. There is a fridge and stove, and also 2 huge dogs. The dogs would have been going nuts if any living thing was among them. He's got to be on my floor, probably in my room as we speak.

I just have to keep remembering what the pet shop owners said. (Although I am not a fan of such people, I can't give up)

I set up heating elements, food and water in various rooms, I pray he'll return safely. Has anyone had their reptile, iguana especially run away? I've been through hell with this little guy since he was a baby. The pet store I got him had he was in bad shape. I worked for months with him because he showed MBD signs. Figures when he is in tip-top shape he makes a break away from me!! He had the life , too :cry: where did this iguana parent go wrong??? :oops:

12. Jhoss22

Jhoss22 Member

i had a corn snake disapear one time. it had been 2 weeks and i thought he was gone for good. i was just about to give up hope and get rid of every thing when i went to put on some pants and he grabbed my well u know wat. well wat i mean is don';t give up and he'll turn up. heck he probly is sittin there lauphin at u as u type. don't worry.

13. Karma

Karma New Member

I hope you find your Iguana soon- that must be heartbreaking! You are doing the right thing though- if she is alive, you have the food out so she can find it. Don't give up hope yet!

14. herpslave

herpslave Member

Do you leave windows open at night? Any heat vents? is there a basement? Many hot things are in basements.

15. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

Lizards and snakes are amazing when it comes to the places that they can get in to.
    Did any of your furniture have holes in the lining?

Keep us posted on the hunt!!

16. blink

blink New Member

my GF's mom used to date this guy awhile back and she told me the story of how her boyfriends red tail boa got loose. they couldn't find her for a couple weeks. guess where they found it? in the living room closet inside of a shoebox!

17. laxman

laxman New Member

i lost one of my anoles and two weeks later i found him on one of the window ledges eatin the dead flies...but an iguana is probably too big to be on a window ledge but just keep waiting and searching the same places....hang in there

keep us posted

18. Darina

Darina Embryo

Dont beat yourself up about this because it will happen to you a million times over. Iguanas like to get some peace and quiet sometimes so dont worry. First of all check in all the places you would never in a million years expect to find her and she will be there. Check out the smallest, darkest spaces, behind the fridge, behind radiatars,tv, on top of the curtains under bedclothes,check all hanging wires, inside wardrobes and under sofas, dont worry she will turn up. When you do find her she will be very cold so full the sink with warm water (not hot) set her in it and let her gradually get back to normal body temperture, this will get all her organs pumping and hydrate her at the same time then put her under the heat bulb to dry off.

19. Keeper_of_Lizards

Keeper_of_Lizards New Member

i lost my iguana a couple times just a couple weeks ago. Once i found her hiding in the curtains. second time she was blending in with some fake plants in the corner of the room around the house and was asleep! rotten prat. and the third time she was found sleeping in a corner up a head board with cubby holes by where the pillows lay. Iguanas love being in corners that way they can see you coming and try to blend in. Iguana's make one mistake though. They forget to hid their tail too so don't just look for it's body look for it's tail first.
    i know it's a lil late but still good luck u never know where they'll turn up when they think ur not looking

20. Slizarus

Slizarus New Member

My mother had lost our 8' Common boa for 3 months, we found it in a trashbag sometime later :D

Haven't read the topic.. but Set up a basking spot on the ground and leave the cage open.. if he wants he'll get back into his cage where the food is.. or you'll find him under the basking light trying to save up for another dash across the living room :)

Edit: This is 3 weeks old! Have you found him?

21. Darina

Darina Embryo

Did you ever find lewis?? Please reply

22. gexman

gexman Embryo

go to everyone in ur apartment and ask them to help. Call ur neighbors. Put up signs.

23. WRENCHETTE

WRENCHETTE Member

How about under the fridge or even along the back of the fridge if it is older model. I have one years ago that got loose and thats where we found him. It's warm there. Or even under the kitchen sink along the dishwasher. How about in the furnance room or by the water heater.

24. WRENCHETTE

WRENCHETTE Member

Have you found Lewis yet??????

25. narfdanarf

narfdanarf Embryo

I lost a monitor once, found him in the back of the refridgerator, near the pump, it was nice/dark/warm there for him. Search anything that might give off heat..pumps/motors/waterlines ect.