Possible Gecko (cont.)

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by ikermalli, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Fiche

Fiche GOTM Winner

RE: Re: RE: Possible Gecko (cont.)

Good luck with hearing back from your religious leader. I don't have any close friends who follow that branch of Islam so it will be interesting to find out how your leader interprets things. Let us know how it goes.

Also, about the calci-sand, I agree with jwurm. It isn't worth the risks. Also, it' just not the most natural or appropriate thing to use for them.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. ikermalli

ikermalli Well-Known Member

I haven't had the chance to look at the page before this as this site loads painfully slowly but I have to share this news. He gave a very straight reply, here is a copy and paste of the message

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

There is no problem in that

Wassalamu Alaykum

YESSSSS!!!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jwurm

jwurm New Member

Cool. Hopefully this will help convince your dad to let you get one. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. unrealjill

unrealjill Well-Known Member

This has turned into a very informative thread :) Glad to hear that keeping a leo would not conflict with your religion ikermalli - that should help a little in the case against your dad :lol:

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

congrats ^.^
    um, not trying to go off topic but what does wassalamu alaykum mean? sorry, just curious

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Fiche

Fiche GOTM Winner

I agree unrealjill, this has turned out to be informative indeed. I'm also happy to hear that your leader doesn't think there will be any problem concerning your religion. Thanks for sharing this info with us. You learn more every day. :lol:

12. unrealjill

Re: RE: Re: RE: Possible Gecko (cont.)

It's a pretty off topic loving thread! though I have only ever read it spelled differently, I think I'm right in saying it means 'peace be unto you'

13. Shanna66

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Possible Gecko (cont.)

true, but i think we are all learning alot from this thread ^.^ and ok

14. ikermalli

yeah unreal jill is right

salamun alaykum is peace be upon you and wassalamu alaykum is the same thing.
    alaykumusalaam means upon you be peace which is the reply

15. Shanna66

lol, i think im learning more from this thread than you are XD

16. ikermalli

lol maybe :) I showed my mom the email first and she said that my dad doesn`t want reptiles in the house and that I should respect his decision (I want to see if he will say yes to a frog)

17. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

You're full of suprises aren't you! :)

18. Tiny_Hendrix

Tiny_Hendrix Member

When I was younger I always wanted lizards, my mother would never let us have them. She use to say they would jump down our throats and such. It wasn't like I was going to hold my mouth open and let a lizard do that anyways. Truth is my mother is scared to death of them.

When I was 18, I went with my friend to a pet store, my mother wasn't there to say no.. hehe. I was going to buy an anole, and my friend was like why don't you just buy that.. (pointing to the iguana) :) So I did. I brought the Iguana home and what could my mother say? Take it back? Fat chance! hehe. You should've saw the look on her face when we told her one day we would have to put that then tiny lizard on a leash! I admit somewhat of an impulse buy, but I did my research and I have a 3 year old healthy, spoiled Iguana. Now I own 8 reptiles, and the collection is ever growing. Every time I had a new package arrive, my mom was like "oh what another reptile?" Then she would want to see it lol. I still live at home until I move out this summer, and my mother really doesn't care. She's actually even held most of my geckos, she just won't show my Iguana any love. :(

So keep trying, even if you have to be somewhat rebellious like I was, eventually they will get over it, and most likely grow to love your gecko. :D

19. unrealjill

Hmm, I'm going to disagree with you on this one Jess :) As hypocritical as it is for me to say 'respect their wishes' (all of my reptiles to date have been against the wishes), I have recently been swayed a little more in the other direction. When it is things going onto or into you(r body) then I see rebellion as a normal part of growing up. But it is their house, they should be allowed to say what is not permitted in it. Ikermalli, I'm not saying don't try to convince them... I'm just saying, remember that you are young and have the rest of your life in your own home to own whatever pets you want... Don't do what I did and just go out and get one anyway. It's not fair and, and this was the bit that got me recently (I always was a slow person), it is deeply disrespectful.

Having said that - keep badgering them!!! :wink:

20. ikermalli

unrealjill you are right. I wasn`t going to buy one behind their backs and bring it home because my parents will tell me to bring it back and also my parents are finally becoming proud of me because I am doing well in school and in basketball and I got my dad a client so I think that I can wait till my birthday

21. ikermalli

I went to the mall today to pick up a birthday present for my friend and I stopped by the petstore and I looked at the leopard geckos and they look sooooooo nice. I was going to ask someone if I could hold one but the staff there was busy explaining things about tank sizes to people, they only have two people though there one at cash and one around the store to help people.