post ur monitor pics

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by tokay_tamer, Apr 28, 2007.

1. garybingham

garybingham Member

Macaroniandcheese she was a rehome and was tame when i got her, i had a baby male and some hand feeding and letting him come round in his own time worked for me, but he would bite, tail whip and hiss when i first got him , he has been rehomed now so sorry no pics

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. lllxtclll

lllxtclll New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. garybingham

garybingham Member

crocdoc haw big is the viv in the vid is it a room?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. crocdoc

crocdoc New Member

It's not a room, but it may as well be. It's big.

Hey Luke - CHICKS ARE NOT MAMMALS

(they were also well and truly dead - frozen, then thawed, in fact).

What, you're going to pretend that monitors don't eat meat, now?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. papercut

papercut Member

its not that its that some people find it offensive when they see a reptile eat baby chicks or mice or other lizards even I don't understand it myself its in their nature but still its best just to roll with it

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. dumerillis_1986

dumerillis_1986 Well-Known Member

12. crocdoc

crocdoc New Member

Aside from the fact that chicks aren't mammals and that the above rule is highly unfair towards insects, especially as they are usually fed live whereas mammals (and BIRDS such as chicks) are fed frozen/thawed, there's something really disturbing about this rule.

I can fully understand a rule about no photos/videos of reptiles being fed live birds/mammals/whatever, but deadthings?

Think about it. This is a monitor and tegu forum. Anyone with a healthy monitor or tegu feeds it whole small animals, rather than mince meat, tinned monitor food and cat or dog food. So pretty much everyone on this forum will have seen (or should have seen, if they are looking after it properly) their own monitor/tegu eat frozen/thawed mammals or birds - why on earth would they have issues with seeing anyone else's monitor doing the same?

13. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

I glanced over the page, and saw some feeding links, so i deleted them and left the message about mammal feeding pictures removed. I am FULLY aware that chicks are not mammals, but at the time i did not think while i wrote the message. I will usually just remove the post, but as somebody was already quoting from it, so i did not want to remove their post aswell.

14. chicagoey3

chicagoey3 New Member

that big monitor must have a great life

15. Ulong

Ulong New Member

wow shes beautifull i didn't know they got that big, what do u feed her now, small chilldren?

16. Ulong

Ulong New Member

you must trust her alot, giving her size i can tell you have a long bonding relationship. she never bites or scratches you?

17. garybingham

garybingham Member

she was rehomed a few weeks ago, she is now a display animal in my local store to help show ppl how big they can get with the right care, she is in a 8x2x2 foot tank. she was eating king worms, earth worms, snails, chicks, mice, rats, adult locusts, and in small amounts tuna, chicken, beef and pork. she would also eat fruit and greens too lol

18. garybingham

garybingham Member

she never bit hissed or showed any aggression at all i only had her 2 years, but my 2 year old daughter would sit in the tank and pet her and she never went for any of us.
    i also had another female re-home who died of liver failure, she was a little smaller but just as tame. she died cos she was over weight when i got her and was only fed mice and was feed every day,

the female in the pic would walk on a leed and liked to walk around the garden and go for dogs that walked past lol, a large lizad that ppl should avoide unless you have the room and knowlage to care for them.

19. garybingham

garybingham Member

just so you know that was not me feeding her every day she was fed every 3 day with me as was the one in the pic they both got a lot of exercise too

20. Kathy_and_Bert

Kathy_and_Bert New Member

shes beautiful looks just like my Alice Alice got married to Ralph last weekend we also have 3 baby savs and a baby nile

21. FlyingMonkeySith

FlyingMonkeySith Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are pics of a nile i had for a little bit. Some of you might remember, i rescued him a few months ago, he was going to be put down. i kept him for about 4 weeks until i found a home for him. Amazing animals... i hope i will get another chance to work with one in the future.