red eyes

Discussion in 'Treefrogs' started by leo2345, Jan 31, 2007.

1. leo2345

leo2345 New Member

id like red eyes

ill google for info but has anyone got some info and care on them,do they need a big tank,how big can they be kept seperate,
    do males call at night,they will be in my room etc.

thanks

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. reptile_Enthusiast

reptile_Enthusiast New Member

If you find out anything, Please let me know. I'm in the same boat as you.
    Here's what I've found out!

They can be housed together, I believe it was usually 1 frog from 10 gallon, although 4 were able to be in my 29 gallon tank.
    They're aberoal, meaning they climg so a taller tank is better with trees and branches.
    They require a little pool of water as they are not good swimmer. If there is a larger pool of water there must be something along the side to help them get out if need be.
    They're nocturnal so special lights are night required although some still recommend having a UVB.
    They're fairly reasonable with temperature, I believe they need top be about 75-80º in the day and can drop to about 70-75º at night.

I hope this helps a little. As i've said, I've read this stuff on the internet and don't know first hand how accurate it all is!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. reptile_Enthusiast

So, I've re read. It's actually 5 gallons per frog.
    Also the humidity is suppose to be around 80-100%.
    They recommended having a glass top but make sure you allow some ventilation still.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. plmarsg8

plmarsg8 Well-Known Member

Its 10 gallon per frog and a screen top is best for them

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. leo2345

leo2345 New Member

ok thanks.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. reptile_Enthusiast

I orginally though 10, But when I re-read it said 5. Also all the places i've read have the recomendations for a viv.
    Living bottome with gravel, dirt, screen, water and all that. I don't know if it makes a difference or not.

Thanks for the correction.

12. paulnj

paulnj Member

I own 5 RETF's and they have resided in a exoterra 18x18x24 for over a year and are doing great. They are slightly over crowded by some accounts on the net, but they are doing fine in my eyes.

Males only call in the spring when they want to breed, so get a large one which is usually a female.

13. kobi2k4

kobi2k4 New Member

http://talkto.thefrog.org/ this site will give u all the info on frogs u need they are a good bumch of people and will help u out just like on here!!!

CB all the way

14. Rednkhuntertd

Rednkhuntertd Embryo

My two male Red's have been calling ever sice I have obtained them 8 months ago. There calls are not loud enough to wake me up in the middle of the night. Although just before my alarm clock goes off around 7:30 AM they have been calling a lot. Guess it matters how you keep your temprature and humidity. ;)