Redesign of Viv

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by jakyl, Dec 30, 2013.

1. jakyl

jakyl New Member

if i redesign the inside of my viv that my leo has been in for a few years will it stress her out much and how long will it take her to get used to it as i want to me more use of the room i have by using abit more of the vertical space.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Godzillagecko

Godzillagecko Member

I change things around every few months to keep her interested in exploring. Its not really stressful they settle in pretty quick once they scent everything. Just remember not to make things in the tank to high for her. If she falls its going to hurt. They aren't the most graceful creatures lol. Get a pic of your setup so we can all see it.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jakyl

jakyl New Member

this is my leopard gecko`s Luna Viv Feedback please

[​IMG][​IMG] small.png

StikyPaws312 likes this.
  6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Godzillagecko

Godzillagecko Member

Thats not bad at all. You could add some slate from your yard. Just leave it in bleach for 24 hours than wash it off using warm water and dish soap and you can add some rocks into it if you want. Other than that...Any other cleaning you do to the tank should be done with vinegar. Its harmless to the gecko and kills bacteria. Otherwise its a cute setup.

StikyPaws312 likes this.
  8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Godzillagecko

Godzillagecko Member

oh and let the slate air dry for a day before putting it in after the bleach wash.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. jakyl

jakyl New Member

thanks for the advice, how much bleach shall i put in when i soak the slate in the bath? i assume you dont leave to soak in pure bleach

12. Godzillagecko

Godzillagecko Member

1 part bleach 3 parts water. Yeah pure bleach is a bit much and I'd do it outside so the fumes don't kill ya. Then you let it air dry for 24 hours and after that you wash it down with dish soap and water.

Cleaning with vinegar is simple also. I do 50/50 water and vinegar. Your tank will smell for a few days but you won't have issues with bacteria and it won't hurt your little guy. He'll go around resenting his enclosure.

13. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Just a side note: If you add a lemon or orange rind in the vinegar/water cleaning solution it won't smell as bad :)