Reptiles in eastern CT

Discussion in 'Animal Adoptions' started by Spazzy3, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Spazzy3

Spazzy3 New Member

We're going through a sort of moving situation, and im rarely at the house anymore. I dont want to give them up, but its not fair to them.

I have 2 female Chinese water dragons. I posted about them before that they were fighting and needed to be separated, but they are no longer fighting. One of them was gravid and a bit cranky, after she layed then eggs the fighting stopped. They're "best friends" again.

My bearded dragon is almost completly in brumation now, but I dont think anything will be different in spring when he "wakes up". Hes about a year and a half old and around 250grams.

Steve, Australian water dragon. He cost me 90$ to get him form Agama international, i really dont want to give him up. Hes still a little shy with people but getting better. Hes a little over a year old and almost a foot long.
    I want them to go to good homes with people that know how to take care of them right. None of them have ever been bred, they are just pets.
    I can post pics of all of them. Pick up only.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Spazzy3

Spazzy3 New Member

I've been thinking about keeping my 2 geckos (leo and crestie) since Im sometimes there at night. But lately I havent really been there at all. I dont like to pick favorites, but my leo Lily is "special". I dont think this situation is going to end anytime soon so im going to have to try to re home all my reptiles, including my leo and crestie now.

Lily is a really cool gecko. Lily is a tremper albino and is 60+grams, 8ish inches long. She likes to come out and explore. When shes hungy she'll watch for you and when anyone walks by her cage she runs out and chases after you until you notice her. She loooves superworms, I havent fed her mealies in a while just because I dont have any. She likes crickets, but its hard for her to catch them so once in a while as a treat Ill hand feed her some. She has to be my favorite reptile out of all of them, just because of her personality. She is so friendly and is really cute/funny to watch explore her cage when you put something new in it. When I added an upper level to her cage she spent hours sliding off the side onto the bottom and climbing back up again. Shes never been bred, I just want her to be someones pet.

Jiggy is my crested gecko. He got his name because of his funny walk. Hes around 30 grams. He acts sort of spazzy when you try to get him out of the cage but once hes out he loves to climb all over you. If you put him on the ground he will just run back up your leg or jump onto your arm. He eats CGD and sometimes a few crickets. Im not sure how old he is, but Ive had him for almost a year. I dont know his "morph", but hes really pretty whether hes a specific morph color or not.

I have lots of pics of all of them. This forum is where I came when i first got "into" reptiles. Everyone here has helped so much, I wouldnt know half of the things I know about reptiles without this forum. And its really killing me to have to re home them all. But in this situation i think its better for them to be with someone who can take care of them all the time, not just when they are around. I dont want anyone to think i dont care about them because im trying to rehome them over the internet, i dont think of them at all as "disposable" pets at all. I know tons of people on here know what they are doing with reptiles and truely care about them.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. JohnKlay

JohnKlay Embryo

HI,

I live on Long Island and would be happy to adopt her. I have a greenhouse and she would do very well in it.

Let me know
    John

JohnKlay@optonline.net

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. whitetail44

whitetail44 Embryo

hey i live in Coventry CT and would love your female leo, i currently have one in a 20 gallon long and im always addin new stuff for her to explore. if u still have her please email me at dalessandrod44@yahoo.com or reply back to this. i will arrange for a pickup anywhere in CT

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

why do you want someone to addopt your male leo and then get another leo?
    seems weirdo :D

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. whitetail44

whitetail44 Embryo

cant have two males in one cage, ernest