Set up the 40gallon (Pictures)

Discussion in 'General Geckos' started by ajlista, Aug 18, 2011.

1. ajlista

ajlista Well-Known Member

Alrighty, well this pictures are REALLY cruddy considering its dark in my room, and i had to use a fisheye because of my lens i was using and blah blah excuses, so ignore the quality and the distortion from the fisheye, haha
    Well, after lots of discussion with my dad, we decided, shaggy is extremely content with his 20gallon, he loves his hides and i have branches in his tank and he NEVER climbs anything
    As for scoobie, she loves climbing, and i thought it stunk that she was stuck climbing two branches in a 10 gallon, so the 40 breeder is setup, using LOTS of slate rock and petrified wood, that my dad has had for like 20+ Years from the pet store, we washed it all and stuff, and in total, there are about 6, or 7 places to hide, between the slate hides and bought hides
    So please! tell me what you think, i think it came out pretty great
    [​IMG]
    Exploration :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. ajlista

I know it the branches look messy, but they are all locked into place by the middle and strategically placed, haha , it looks better in person for some odd reason?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. geckolover22

geckolover22 Well-Known Member

very complex..looks pretty cool :D

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Oh wow! That's awesome! She's going to have a grand time in that tank! Just be careful with the stacked slate hides... make sure they are very secure and her climbing on them and whatnot won't make them unstable :) Congrats on an awesome tank!!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Ohhaimonster

Ohhaimonster New Member

That tank looks wonderful! Good job!! I just went from a 10 gal to a 20 gallon. Loki, needed the room to run around. When hes out of the tank he wants to go everywhere and climb on everything. When I used the 10 gal he couldnt really go anywhere or climb. ( he's only two months and 3 weeks or so and he's already 6 inches and about to shed for the 5th time.) I was hoping to create something like this so he can climb and explore anytime he wants and not just when I take him out. How has your Leo adjusted to the size of the tank and the new surroundings? How long did it take? What would you suggest to use to brace the wood against if I didn't go as elaborate as you?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. ajlista

Well, his adjusting period was probably 3 or 4 days, he would rub his rub his head on the glass, sleep outside, than he really got used to it. If you dont plan on moving the sticks around too much some people like to glue them together so they can remove it easily, and on the bottom glue a piece of maybe tile or something that you can put as a base, personally i was just able to get some branches and just essentially lock them into small spots on the very eleborate type one on the right. Hope i helped, im upgrading my other leo shaggy back to his 20g soon, he was just recovering from mouth rot for a while but i think its soon time.