Snake Escaped

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by D2K4, Jan 30, 2010.

1. D2K4

D2K4 Embryo

For christmas, I treated my corn snake, Buddy, to a new terrarium to accomodate his growth. Unbeknownst to me, the lid has locks that, if you're not careful about sliding the lid all the way under them, leaves a tiny opening in the top. And of course Buddy found it and went on an adventure.

I don't know how long he was out before I found him...He was in the cage the night before when I checked it and it was well after I got in from work that evening that I realized he wasn't in there. My boyfriend and I took everything out of the cage, including the substrate...Roby (boyfriend) insisting in his infinite stubborness that there was no way he could escape.

At this point I'm freaking out. I tore apart the bedroom, rummaged through the living room, the bathroom, even the kitchen cabinets. Every horrible escape route from the apartment was running through my head, from the shower drain to a tiny hole I found in the kitchen pantry. But I pushed it all out of my head and went to work dismantling the closet, much to Roby's ire.

Finally, with a ton of junk strung out across the bedroom floor, Roby just happened to open a drawer in the chest of drawers Buddy's cage sits on and found Buddy curled up in the sock drawer. Lol, he just looked up at us with this look on his face as if to say, "Oh hi! Were you looking for me?"

So he went back in his cage, safe and sound, and both of us have been waaaayyy more careful with the lid ever sense (though I had to show Roby that he could squeeze through it to convince him that that's what had happened). That was over a month ago and there have been no escapes since then. Lesson learned, and passed on to others.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. rinako

rinako New Member

Haha! That is so funny. The exact same thing happened to me a few years ago but with a hamster.