So... a dear friend of mine is moving and...

Discussion in 'Reptile Classifieds' started by ELF2240, Jan 27, 2013.

1. ELF2240

ELF2240 New Member

she is unable to take any of her reptiles with her due to the cold weather conditions and lack of heat requirements in her new home. At this point she is looking to re-home an adult male python, an almost fully grown female ball python, an adult female Irian Jaya blue tongue skink, an adult male bearded dragon (old), and another adult blue tongue skink that has never been sexed. If anyone is interested in any of the above animals please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to get any details that you may need! All pets will come with their own tank and all necessary lighting requirements - and transportation/reimbursement for gas money may be an option for anyone living the northern VA/DC/MD area!

If you're able to please help us out! All of her reptiles were originally rescues and we're really trying to find them awesome homes so as that we do not have to place them back in a "need to be rescued" situation.

And before anyone leaves a nasty comment on how "she shouldn't be moving somewhere she can't take her critters" (I've heard this quite a few times now from various friends/family) she has NO choice. Times are tough, her family needs her, she HAS to move. It's horribly bittersweet for her to say goodbye, but she's doing her best to do the right thing!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. mr_andrew

mr_andrew Member

Sucks to hear that :(

I hate when people give others who are rehoming their animals a hard time. Sometimes circumstances change, and its not something anyone can control... thats just life. Yet still, people will demonize them anyways for something they can't control. Saying not to acquire a reptile because you "might" move some day is just as asinine as saying "don't get your drivers license, you may get into an accident someday."

/rant.

I wish your friend luck in finding homes for her animals!

ELF2240 and Sharman Wisdom like this.
  4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. ELF2240

ELF2240 New Member

Thank you for the thoughtful words! I wish that more people could view the situation from this POV :-/.