Steve Irwin 'Crocodile Hunter' Dead at 44 in Marine Accident

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Axe, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

While diving during filming an underwater documentary off the coast of Australia, Steve Irwin, known worldwide as the 'Crocodile Hunter' was stung in the chest by a sting ray Monday morning which has been reported to have penetrated the his heart.

Steve was Director of the Australian Zoo in Beerwah, Queensland, Australia. and is survived by his American born wife Terry, who has been notified while filming in another location and his daughter Bindi Sue (born July 24, 1998) and a son, Robert Clarence Irwin (born Dec 1, 2003 He has appear on many film documentaries about wildlife in and around Australia and also on the famous Crocodile Hunter TV program . .

According to medical personnel on the scene, he was killed on the reef area off Port Douglas, north of Cairns and this has been confirmed by Ambulance drivers who were called to the scene and the Queensland Police Department.

Steve was born in Melbourne and moved to Queensland where his parents ran a small reptile farm that he later took it over in 1991 and developed into the Australia Zoo. He met and married his wife Terri a year later at the same location and began their television series with their wedding and honeymoon

Reptile Rooms mourns the passing of a great herpetologist and person, who contributed greatly to a better understand around the world of reptiles and their uniqueness, and our deepest sympathy to his family.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

RE: Steve Irwin

He was a great man and a great conservationist. And he'll be missed by his family, the australain people and the world

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lewis_lizard14

lewis_lizard14 New Member

RE: Steve Irwin

he was an absouloute legend and didnt deserve to die in such an unusaul way poor guy. i feel so sorry for terri bindi and bob. R.I.P steve irwin you were are a legend.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. NitroUK

NitroUK New Member

Im absolutly truly gutted about the loss of such a great man who was truly dedicated to the well being of all animals across the world, He was and always will be one of my childhood hero's, I started watching his programms in 1993 when i was eight years old and i still watch them to this day. Mr Steve Irwin will be sadly missed by millions of people and i would like to class my-self as one of those people, Rest In Peace Mr Irwin my condolences go out to his family and friends.

NitroUK

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. SuzieSnakes

SuzieSnakes New Member

Re: RE: Steve Irwin

actually he apparently once said that when he went he wanted it to be doing what he loved with the camera rolling

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Cira

Cira Member

RE: Re: RE: Steve Irwin

The world has lost a great man. I couldn't believe it when I heard the news yesterday. He was so incredibly passionate about what he did and I think he made a lot of people realize that reptiles and not-so-cuddly animals are important, too.
    I feel horrible for Terri, their kids, and family. I'm sure this is incredibly hard on all of them.
    But Steve died doing what he loved. They say that he most likely died instantly.
    And I guess none of us can ask to go in any better way.

But the world now has a large hole that Steve once occupied.
    He will never be forgotten and there will never be another like him.

Rest in peace, Steve

12. gazza

gazza Member

A poem for Steve

He was a man that stood proud
    he had a view and spoke it loud
    loudly shouted "crocs rule"
    this man was no fool
    rather he was the crocodile hunter
    a man admired respected and loved
    A father of two a devoted husband true
    If I aspire to one man be
    yup you guessed i want top be like Steve

goodnight god bless Steve

13. bratspets

bratspets Member

To his passion for the animal kingdom and his wacky sense of humor...Steve Irwin you are truly missed.
    My thoughts and prayers are for his family and those closest to him.
    Odd that his heart's passion pierced his heart...

14. Dragon_Lover413

Dragon_Lover413 Embryo

He was a good man and a inspiration to me its makes me so sad to realise that hes gone now :cry: :)

15. bandedgecko

bandedgecko Well-Known Member

Even as dangerous as Steve lived his life I was shocked to hear of his death. The way he
    died was even more shocking and bizarre then I could have ever imagined. My daughter
    has watched his programs for countless hours and has his videos as well. The lord couldnt
    have taken a more fasinating person. I wish he could have stayed with us longer and
    taught us more about the amazing creatures he loved and knew. He is truley a legend
    of all times and always will be. He will always have a place in our hearts and minds as
    an incredible human being. May God Bless his family and dear friends that loved him
    with all they have. We love you Steve and you will never be forgotten.

16. c3powil

c3powil New Member

:) :D :D :( :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: boooohooooo!

17. D00M

D00M Well-Known Member

Very sad thing to hear. I guess when it's your time to go.. it's your time to go.

R.I.P Steve Irwin. You will be missed. :eek:

18. munchkin

munchkin Member

My heart goes out to his family at this sad time.

I do find it comforting in a way that he died doing something he loved & felt passionate about- & I hope this brings some comfort to those grieving for him now.

RIP Steve

19. DragonTamer

DragonTamer Member

He was Truly A King among men