strange pattern

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by BP36, Jan 6, 2012.

1. BP36

BP36 New Member

i got this little guy from a petco store for the simple reason of "saving it" from a a place that wasnt keeping it proper in any way. personally i think all those big corporate chain pet store should be restricted from selling reptiles . only stores that actually have reptile rooms, knowledgeable staff, and refuse sales to people they dont feel are suitable buyers. the average person is an idiot and i feel any potential buyers of reptiles or any animal for that matter be screened, pass a test and show proof of an enclosure and required supplies for keeping said reptile.
    ok sorry for the rant but thats where i picked up this little dude and soon after noticed an unusual pattern unlike anything you would see on the average ball. im thinking something of a jungle pattern. any ideas?
    tanabe 1 12.JPG tanabe 3.JPG tanabe 2.JPG

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

I'm by far the best person to comment on a ball python morph but he does have an awesome pattern! One of the other mods (Jeff) would probably have a better idea...

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. supernova

supernova Member

Hmmm, For some reason I can't post normally, I have to do a blank reply then edit....anyaways....

To me it looks like a normal but seems to have a high white and the unusual "alien" make me wonder, Almost like a spider but not as pronounced. It could be a dinker where someone was experimenting and got lost in there own equation....lol. I Have a spotnose "dinker" that is said to carry a few possible hets but no one knows for sure.
    spotnose.JPG

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. BP36

BP36 New Member

tanabe 4.JPG
    underside
    tanabe 5.JPG

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. BP36

BP36 New Member

now if you didnt notice, she is about to shed soon so she looks a bit darker at the moment

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

Jeff would be a good person to ask about this, but he has a lot of school and does't get on that much. It does look like an interesting pattern. Maybe you should try breeding him to see if the offspring look similar.

12. BP36

BP36 New Member

thats deffinatly the plan.....to breed out and see what happends

13. supernova

supernova Member

Yep, You defiantly have a normal from what I can see but the reduced pattern near the tail could be interesting. There is no way to tell if they carry a het unless you know the dame and sire. That's why most breeders will disclose "% Possible" het. Unless they have been proved out.

14. WingedWolf

WingedWolf Member

Pattern is a little 'jungly', and aberrant, but it is a normal. Such pattern variations are usually not genetic. Couldn't hurt to dink around with him and see if you produce anything interesting, but I wouldn't hold great hopes for it.

JEFFREH likes this.
  15. BP36

BP36 New Member

still interesting none the less.

16. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Oh dear lord, I meant to post NOT***** the best person to comment on ball python morphs!!!! :eek::oops: lol, sheesh. Sorry! I swear I'm not full of myself.... like that post implied, lol.

BP36 likes this.