STUPID FROG!

Discussion in 'Treefrogs' started by iguanaguy2100, Aug 1, 2007.

1. iguanaguy2100

iguanaguy2100 New Member

Alright..well my stupid cuban tree frog kinda ate my 2 flippin anoles last week :evil: . R.I.P. Ceasar and Cleopatra...

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. a_leo_named_leo

a_leo_named_leo New Member

No offence but I dont think it was the treefrog that was being stupid...I sure some one will come on and write somekind of novel about what you did wrong. DONT MIX SPECIES!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. iguanaguy2100

iguanaguy2100 New Member

the pet store said i could have the frog with the anoles... and i doubt that they would have had little frog/lizard babies... the two anoles would have

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. lestat

lestat Moderator

Having frog/lizard babies isn't the problem... You just experienced one of the many problems with mixing species. The frog simply did what is in its nature to do.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

Tree frogs are notorious for eating other species smaller than themselves. They can be like little garbage disposals. That's the main reason that you never house other species with treefrogs, esepciallly species that are smaller.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Leona&Amy

Leona&Amy Well-Known Member

Also Tree Frogs will often eat things that are too big to digest which leads to impaction often resulting in death. Thats why it is your responsibility as the pet owner to not put anything dangerous (like other animals, or improper substrate) in with your frog.
    Pet stores will tell you anything they want, it's up to you to do your own research to insure a long, happy, healthy life for you herp.

12. iguanaguy2100

iguanaguy2100 New Member

oops now i know...

13. Leona&Amy

Leona&Amy Well-Known Member

So how is the frog doing? Has it pooed yet?