super uvb coil lamp

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by c3powil, Jul 17, 2006.

1. c3powil

c3powil New Member

Is the 20 watt super uv coil lamp good for my 8month old iguana?he has not been living with any kind of uvb but I just found out I needed one.I dont know if its the best one to get because the uvb may be filtered by the screen on my cage.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. hpimike02

hpimike02 New Member

the 20 watt super uvb coil....Crap... dont buy it i bought it and i used it for 2 days till my beardie started fliping out cause it wasnt sufficent... just buy the repti sun 10.0 uvb buy it from reptilesupply.com thats the best flouresent light but what im useing now is superUV power.... from retileuv.com its just a high powered uvb light emits not UVA and it cost $50 with shipping, im using it with my rhinoceros iguana and he has brighten up considerbly , and allot more active and eats allot more.... i'd gp with that inmstead of the flouresent bulb....

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. hpimike02

hpimike02 New Member

ohh and just an update on that super coil light i bought... im using it as my main light in my room i love the blue light is soft and easy on your eye's and the glass tube part is loseing and might come break off soon...

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Eirecorcaigh

Eirecorcaigh Well-Known Member

I too get my lighting from http://reptileuv.com, very high quality stuff at decent prices. I'm using the SB series right now for my box turtles and red-foot tortoise, as my iguana won't be joining me until mid August this year.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

We tried the same bulb. They're supposed to last for a year or something...ours blew in 3 months. Waste of money.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Eirecorcaigh

Eirecorcaigh Well-Known Member

The Coil or the SB Series for reptileuv? Because I've never had a problem with the reptileuv lighting.

12. c3powil

c3powil New Member

ok,Ill do that ty