tall terrarium background

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by hornedfrog, Jul 14, 2005.

1. hornedfrog

hornedfrog Member

I just bought a 25" tall terrarium for my bearded dragon. Does anyone know where I can find an aquarium-style background to fit it? The tallest I have been able to find online so far is only 19.5 inches. Thanks!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. club_insomniac

club_insomniac Embryo

i got my 25" background at a petco in ohio so id say check petco if you havent already

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. zer0ordie777

zer0ordie777 New Member

Bah. Petco...

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. BigZ3788

BigZ3788 Well-Known Member

Are backrounds really the way to go? Everytime i see one in a tank i notice animals trying to jump onto the leaves or what not that is just an image.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. hornedfrog

hornedfrog Member

I have used backgrounds in the past with my other reptiles and have never had a problem. I checked my local Petco for one but they didn't have anything I could use. I try to avoid shopping there unless I absolutely have to anyway.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. hornedfrog

hornedfrog Member

I still haven't found one and I've noticed that people on other forums are having the same problem. I requested that 2 online vendors carry it, but I've only heard back from one. The people at www.petluvers.com have requested that their suppliers carry it. I'll let you know if they start selling it, or you can just check the site yourself! Hope this helps people.

12. Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

Online suppliers not getting back to you when you've requested information... Hmm, sounds familiar...

I requested dimensions of a waterfall (only discribed as "small") from several online stockists, but none of them got back to me...
    Needless to say, none of them got my business (that item, or the couple of hundred dollars of other items on my list).

13. Uro_wraith

Uro_wraith New Member

Big Al's has 24" tall back grounds. Good place in my opion. I have ordered a few times from them and don't have one complaint. Plus they are the lowest online, according to them and anything I've bought was.
    Check it out, see what you think.

http://www.bigalsonline.com/splash.html

14. hornedfrog

hornedfrog Member

Thanks for the link. They don't have exactly what I'm looking for (a desert background) but I appreciate your help!

15. Uro_wraith

Uro_wraith New Member

How long of a piece do you need. I may be able to help you out. The pet shop by me has it if it is the one I think your talking about. I also have some left over from an enclosure.

16. hornedfrog

hornedfrog Member

Thanks! I sent you a PM.

17. hornedfrog

hornedfrog Member

I'm still having problems finding what I'm looking for, even with Uro wraith's help. If anyone has a store near them that carries Hagen's 24 inch tall desert terrarium background (the other side is Greek ruins) and is willing to buy and ship it to me I will reimburse you! Please PM me if you are able to help. Thanks!

18. Kira

Kira New Member

Ok, the tank is 25" tall, how wide/long is it?
    I know you probaby haven't thought about this, but what about a hand painted background? landscapes are pretty easy. And this is something I've been thinking about getting into. i am an artist and I paint murals for a living and I've done the backgrounds for my enclosures, so I figured why not help others with the same? I've just been trying to figure out how to be able to do it and keep it cheap,lol. They can be painted on masonite or canvas and put up. As long as it's not highly detailed, I can do it fast and keep costs down while giving people what they want. Here's an example of my work, in case you're wondering about my skill level, lol. PM me if this sounds interesting to you.
    http://www.bocfanscookbook.com/images/DSC04627-1.JPG

You can see more at
    http://www.bocfanscookbook.com/kiraswork.html
    just scroll down the page.

19. Evolution

Evolution Embryo

I would take the time and invest on a DIY 3d background, theres really nothing like it and it really isnt that hard. Check out the post I made for my 29 gal setup...
    but if you really just want something quick Im pretty sure you can just print out something on photo quallity paper from the internet, tape togeter pieces if there not tall enough, or save something from the internet and go to a kinkos or office max or staples theyll print it out for ya cheap....