Tampa show anyone?

Discussion in 'Florida Reptile Nuts' started by Sheila, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Sheila

Sheila Member

The Tampa show is next Saturday, October 1. Anyone going? I will be there looking for goodies to spoil the lizards!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

We'll be there ;)

We won't have tables setup this time, but we will be visiting.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. GotLuv4DLG

GotLuv4DLG Embryo

I'm going to try to be there, but can't buy anymore BD's :) 3 is enough for now

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. leodeal384

leodeal384 Member

I finally talked my dad into taking me. I might be getting a few more leos or maybe a boa...who knows. I have never been to a show before so I don't really know what to expect....I know for sure I am going to try to get a rack of some kind because all I have is a book shelf with sterilite sweater boxes on it.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. kcijmon

kcijmon New Member

I want to go but when I tried to purchase a ticket online it said they were not available. Is there a limit on ticket purchase or is just that I tried to buy one late night?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. kcijmon

kcijmon New Member

Oh woops nevermind! They are sold out of VIP but you can still get general admission tickets at the door! Silly me! =-D

12. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Member

i really want to go, but i cant justify buying anything else for a little while besides bigger cages for my boas.

~Will.

13. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Bigger cages... Twin Oaks will be there :D

And there's always the supplies & feeders. I know it sounds like blasphemy, but you don't have to go to a show and actually buy more animals (took me a couple of years to admit that, heh).

14. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Member

its a 2 hour drive for me one way, and i would have to borrow a durango or an f-150 to lug the cages. i think it would be easier and way less stressfull to just build them myself. as for going to a herp show and not buying anything, it would be too tempting. especially going to one so far away.

who knows, i might know a few local people that are as nuts about snakes as i am, if they end up going i might hop in a carpool.

~Will.

15. Rocky

Rocky Member

Ill be there!! Cant wait! I may be buying another ball python. Not sure yet. If I do buy one it will be a female het albino. I really want a female albino so I might just wait 6 months and get an albino instead of a het. See everyone there!

16. Rocky

Rocky Member

By the way, everyone, make sure to take loads of pics to post! I definetly will!

17. airicj

airicj Embryo

I'll be going on Saturday. I know I am kinda new and havent really posted on here much at all but I have been reading the boards for some time now. I'll be there mostly for the BP's. Hopefully find a nice het or morph to get started breeding with my 2 females next year.

18. leodeal384

leodeal384 Member

wow...just wow. That show was awesome! I got two tangerine leopards from masterpiece geckos. They are awesome. I also got a tomato frog for my terrarium becuase I wanted something bigger than dart frogs. Those terrariums in the back were awesome!!! I know you don't have to get an animal at a reptile show...but I have been saving my money ever since i heard about this show and I could use a few more female leos for my male. I have 6 leos now. That show was really cool.

19. Rocky

Rocky Member

I know once I heard of it I saved up. I had $800 saved up. I was going to buy one of the cages in the back but decided not too. We wound up getting a het albino female ball python, a huge cage for my beardie Phoenix, and a bunch of bedding and accesories for the snakes and lizards.