Three Leopard Geckos, Chicago

Discussion in 'Animal Adoptions' started by britty3189, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. britty3189

britty3189 Embryo

I've got three leopard geckos available for adoption in the Chicagoland area. I dont want to have to give them up, but I'll be relocating to North Carolina in a few months and I cannot take them with. All three are healthy and have great personalities.

The only male is a gorgeous little guy, bright yellow body with no spots, and a pretty orange white and black tail. He's definitely my favorite with his personality. He does require help at feeding time. My husband and I think something happened to him when he was a baby because he has trouble judging distances when he hunts. He will lunge for something and COMPLETELY miss. So he's gotten used to being fed superworms with tongs. Very good feeder, very sweet personality, and gorgeous wide eyes. We were never able to get him used to feeding out of a bowl. He would "forget" where the bowl was and all the worms would go uneaten unless we placed him right by the bowl and tilted it up until he could see it. He needs a little extra care at feeding time, but its all worth it.

Female #1 is my female with no spots on her body. She's got a great carrot tail and nice yellow coloring on her body. She's always been a little on the thin side, but she does eat her mealworms from her bowl readily. She's got a great appetite. She's very sweet, can be a little skittish if you frighten her, and loves humid hides. She also loves the occasional cricket and sometimes silkworms (must be careful with crickets though, once she has them for a while she may not want to go back to her bowl).

Female #2 is a chunky butt. She's always had trouble shedding, even with humid hides, and has the scars to prove it. Before she was in my care she lost most of her toes to bad sheds, but that doesnt stop her from trying to scale the Couch Mountain! Also, I dont quite know what happened, but she dropped her tail one night while she was shedding, and so has a regrown tail. However, it grew back nice and plump. She's always ready to eat anything, mealworms, super worms, crickets, and she does LOVE silkworms. She has 12 spots in a triangle pattern on her head and a nice spot right on her back near her hind legs.

I wish I could take them with me, but I can't continue to move them all over the country. I want them to go to a good home and someone who can take care of them properly. My health has declined the past year, and I've tried to keep up on their care, but sometimes I just get so tired. If you'd like to know more, please message me or post here.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. nini339

nini339 Embryo

do you still have them?? if so email me at

-nini

Please refrain from posting your email address in posts. This should be done by PM, it's for your own safety.

Also the poster has only made this single post and has not been back since dec 08 so it is unlikely you will get a response.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

this post is over six months old and seeing the OP of this thread hasn't been active since, i'm going to close this thread so it can get lost down the forum :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.