Tiny baby Wild Green Anole

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by HillaryJP, Jan 13, 2009.

1. HillaryJP

HillaryJP Embryo

Hi. I wanted to get myself a green anole as I recently moved to South Florida where I see them everyday. I figured it was a good lizard to start with. I was walking through the lobby of an apartment building when I saw the tiniest anole on the floor. At first I thought it was dead, but sure enough it was alive and I was able to take it home and give it some water, tiny ants and an opened grape. That was about 5 days ago. Since then I've gotten the little guy or girl a larger terrarium with some green plants, some crickets that I have to injure so they don't attack him and try to maintain the proper humidity and light for the little one. He lets me hold him. I'd like to get another larger one either from the store or outside if I can catch one, but I'm mostly worried about my little guy. What can I do to try to make sure he lives a long and happy life? I know his chances aren't great since he was so small and already escaped a near death by my finding him instead of the bottom of somebodies shoe. Can anyone tell me what I can do other than set him free in the back where he'd be likely to get eaten by one of the birds since he's just a little over an inch and one half big from head to tail.

Thanks.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. HillaryJP

HillaryJP Embryo

Nevermind! The little guy died! I went out for a day and there were a couple of crickets in the tank for the bigger anole, but he wasn't eating them. No one told me about the calcium powder. Anyway, when I got home the poor little tiny anole was a goner. The crickets had been attacking him and he didnt stand a chance. Now I have two larger green anoles and hopefully will have better luck with them.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. DaKing25

DaKing25 New Member

That's too bad. I have lost an anole too. "No one told me about the calcium powder." However I never fed any calcium powder to my anoles.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry to hear that.
    I used to be very active within this forum,
    and i'm sorry i couldnt get to your post sooner.
    However, any husbandry issues, feel free to ask for any help!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. anoleboy2

anoleboy2 Member

I'm sorry to hear that good luck with your larger anoles!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. justkev

justkev Hi :) Staff Member

hatchling anoles are absolutely not a good choice for someone with limited experience..

12. Norse

Norse Embryo

I used to keep them when I lived down in Florida. They are sweet little animals, but I prefer the Brown Anoles, since the males are plain badasses.

13. Lillster

Lillster New Member

im so sorry :( hopefuly those bigger guys will live happy healthy lifes ps did you ever find out if it was a boy or a girl?