to get one, or not to get one...

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by DylFunk, Jul 29, 2004.

1. DylFunk

DylFunk New Member

hi, i'm mostly a leo guy but was looking into getting a chameleon. i just wanted to know some of the pros and cons of chams. i've heard you can't handle them much which i dont mind really as long as i can hold him every once in a while ( maybe 1-2 times a month).

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. cheriT3719

cheriT3719 New Member

I have a veiled cham, that is the best for beginners. I suggest getting a male because females lay eggs and can become eggbound. You are not supposed to handle them often, but mine climbs out to me everyday, so I handle hiim for about 15 mins a day. They are more fragile than most other reptiles, but can be a wonderful addition to anyones family.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. dakotah

dakotah Embryo

I have a male and female both about 7 months old, and the female is very friendly and loves to be handled. She actually comes to you and climbs out on your hand when she sees you. The male, forget about. Hates to be handled and will bite if you try. Both were bought as babies and treated the same way. I guess you never know, until you bring them home

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. eggs

eggs Embryo

um I think if you handle them atleast 5 min. a day when they are young they get used to being handled