Tokay pics

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by Zeuse, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Zeuse

Zeuse New Member

Male
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Female
    [​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Zeuse

Zeuse New Member

What you lookin at :shock:
    [​IMG]

Maybe if I play dead he will leave me alone :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Herp_Freak_12

Herp_Freak_12 New Member

is it really playin dead can they do that

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Zeuse

Zeuse New Member

Yup, they do it if you turn them on their backs. Even when you pick them up with your hand around their neck they freeze with their mouth open.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. plmarsg8

plmarsg8 Well-Known Member

Nice gecko. It makes me miss my female

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Spacey

Spacey New Member

WHOA! I have never seen anything like that! How long does he stay like that? Is that healthy for them?

I love how tame your Tokay’s are…did you work with them since they were babies?

*Oh, and they are both SUPER cute! Love their color…

12. tokay_tamer

tokay_tamer New Member

that is one incredible tokay.was it born with color like that

13. Zeuse

Zeuse New Member

They are WC and I got them when they were adults. Dont know how old they are. The male has much brighter spots since I put a femelle in with him. I worked quite a bit with them in the beginning which made them quite tame! It took about a month and I could play with it. The trick is not to squeeze it in your hand you have to try and get in you hand without picking him up. As for if it is healthly for the gecko to be turned upside down we'll I think it is but I only did it once. If he stays upside down that way it is supposed to show that he is submisive to you. As I said I only tried it once cause I'm not sur of the stress it puts on them!

14. tokay_tamer

tokay_tamer New Member

once again nice tokays......so if u get it a mate they will become brighter?

15. Spacey

Spacey New Member

Well they are both beauties…and I am extremely jealous of how tame they are. :)

When you began working with them, how did you approach it? And what do you mean “try and get in you hand without picking him up?” Are you saying to try to work with them as you would a Leopard and just have your hand in there and eventually they’ll come to it?

16. Zeuse

Zeuse New Member

Thanks for the nice comments! Nope thats not what I mean cause a Tokay will probably never get in your hand alone! I said probably!. We'll what I did and what worked for me is when I picked him up I would push him in my hand. I'd put a hand in front of him and push him gently into it. Often he would run sideways or anywere :lol: . But this is a great way to pick them up without putting to much stress. The other way to pick them up is to grab them by the neck. Your whole hand around their body and your thumb and index around his neck. You must not hesitate though cause he will feel this. Once you got him in your hand that way he will freeze. Just like if he is dead with the mouth open. Then you pout him on your arm and wish he doesn't run off :D . So anyways I found it good to just push him in my hand. Once he is really used to you he might let you grab him by the neck without to much trouble! But I was probably lucky with mine and got a half-tame one :p !! Good luck

17. wlowell05

wlowell05 Member

I'm surprised at how tame they are. I've always heard Tokays are viscious

18. NoisyJoisy

NoisyJoisy New Member

19. dna_splice

dna_splice Member

that is one freaking awesome tokay.
    like wow.
    i want one.
    =D
    but i heard they PMS alot
    haha
    -rich

20. dna_splice

dna_splice Member

that is one freaking awesome tokay.
    like wow.
    i want one.
    =D
    but i heard they PMS alot
    haha
    -rich

21. Spacey

Spacey New Member

Hehe, that’s what I was thinking! There’s no way my Tokay would voluntarily come to my hand like my Leopard!

22. LeoLady

LeoLady Member

Those are beautiful tokays! Absolutely gorgeous! It's amazing how tame they are.

23. tokay_gecko_king

tokay_gecko_king New Member

im ganna tech my tokay that trick cuz my tokays tame