Update

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by lizardgurl87, Feb 14, 2012.

1. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

So, I just like to update people on how my guys are doing every now and then(and I like to share all the compulsive photos I take of them! :p ) So, they're all doing pretty good :) The new anole I got a few months ago and Rhubarb are getting along. Izo's growing up too fast! lol :rolleyes: And my frog is always pretty chill. :cool:
    So, let's start with the pics! :D

[​IMG]
    Well, here's Izo on my striped pajama pants(and make sure striped is pronounced "stripe-ed" ;) )

[​IMG]
    He says HI! (and I'm pretty sure "He" is a boy, but time will tell for sure)

[​IMG]
    Rhubarb and his long tail XD it's longer than him! And it's always growing! I also love the little toes!

[​IMG]
    Here he is on the stick-he's always ready for a photo op!

[​IMG]
    Eating mealies! They love those as treats! I don't have any new pics of the newer anole(Naomi)

[​IMG]
    And finally-Alfred the Ninja Frog(which turns out to be a girl...keeping the epic name still!)taking a bath in the little water dish :)

Cherin, Louie, StikyPaws312 and 2 others like this.
  2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. spaceboy

spaceboy Well-Known Member

aww thanks for sharing :D they're all sooo pretty. I love Rhubarb, I'm totally in an anole-period at the moment. so cute!

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lizardgurl87

Thanks! :D And you should get one then! I think it was you I talked to once about you liking them, but you couldn't find many around where you are. I hope you can then! They're pretty cool little guys!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. spaceboy

I did find a store that had four of em! but they're sold now. And I don't have room for more herps, got my 2 leos and beardie in my bedroom atm... Maybe when I move to something bigger :D

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

if you can't find any anoles, I can get one of the thousands that live in my backyard and ship it to you. although....I don't know if it would like flying to sweden lol!

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. lizardgurl87

Well, I hope someday you can get some! :) That's cool there was a store there that had them, maybe you could ask for them to order them back in sometime and about how much were they there? They're pretty cheap here, since they're more common.
    And you could have @dogking ship a few! lol :p

12. spaceboy

Yeah I bet they're available at shows and such, we have one of the biggest (and only lol) herpshows right here in the town where I live, about once or twice a year! I'll just have to convince my boyfriend that we can't live without anoles. I'm showing him pictures daily to remind him of how cute and kind and lovable and awesome and fantastic they are :D

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  13. spaceboy

naah I'd feel bad to take them out of the wild and ship them on a big plane to this snow covered and dark land :D

JEFFREH likes this.
  14. lizardgurl87

That's cool you have one close to you! Have you been to it before? (I'm sure you have though! :p ) And ya-you keep convincing him lol :)

15. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

Glad to see everyone is doing well!

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  16. Karlee

Karlee Member

Aww, they are so cute. What kind of camera did you use? It has really good images except one is a bit blurry but I'm guessing that's humidity.

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  17. lizardgurl87

Thanks! and I have a Canon SX130 IS-it's a pretty nice camera! :) It's technically my Dad's I guess, but I've pretty much claimed it now lol :p The one is blurry where he was eating because the humidity some and I was trying to focus throught glass-while he was moving a lot :confused:

18. Karlee

Karlee Member

exactly, why dont lizards understand to stay still for a photo op?;)

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  19. spaceboy

Yeah I've been there a couple of times. I haven't bought any of my herps there though. They have really good feeder bugs, supplies, and even seminars and stuff. last time Mark O'shea was there! I couldn't go though because I was working that weekend, I was soo bummed out...

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  20. lizardgurl87

Sounds cool! What's that one called? I wanna look it up online! :p And cool they have seminars and stuff! That's awesome he was there also, but sucks you couldn't go to that one :/ and is it only a few times a year then or what?

21. Louie

Louie Member

Green anoles are underrated and smarter than people think. They get to know you and do recognize people they know.

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  22. lizardgurl87

ya, they for sure do :) Rhubarb I've had for over 6 months now and he's really comfortable around me now-I still wouldn't hold him though lol :p I had to once when I was moving him to a new tank and it was crazy!

23. Karlee

Karlee Member

Rhubarb... Like Rhubarb Pie? Is that what he is named after?

24. lizardgurl87

Well, rhubarb like the plant more-even though it is commonly used in pie
    [​IMG]
    My aunt came up with the name when I asked for suggestions :)
    and I like it, since it sort of is like an anole in colors-and it's a unique name. It's green and brownish-red(though, more red) So, it's like how they turn colors :p

25. Karlee

Karlee Member

Oh, I more aware of the pie, I didnt even know there was a plant :p