Updated Tokay Pics + Question

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by Raziel, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Raziel

Raziel Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My question now is Ive had this gecko for about 4+ months and I can honestly say its never made a sound, No barking whatsoever, im kind of disapointed when i go near it it just runs into its foliage never barks, could something be wrong?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

It's normal, he's probably just scared, have you tried handling at all?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Raziel

Raziel Member

Nope not even once, should i? :S

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

mine never made any noise till about 7 months old. I always thought it was a girl untill one night at 4 am I heard the mating calls and it scared the crap outta me

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Flanker

Flanker Embryo

Well correct me if Im wrong, but I believe its a giveaway on the coloration, males are usualy more solid blue and the females have those greenish gray bands, hence the lack of mating calls

Oh and does your Tokay use that bendable vine thing very much, Im thinking of getting one for mine?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

I was just asking the handling question, as i'm always curious as to how ppls tokays react to them. You do actually get a few which are nice lol.

12. Raziel

Raziel Member

Alright so last night it made some kinda noise when i went near it,I cant really describe it. It kinda sounded like something out of the raptors in jurassic park. I can honestly say I almost don't even want to try handling him/her. She/hes way too fast. I attempted to feed it a pinkie(dead), but it just yelled n ran away. I really never screwed with him/her before last night, I'd watch it eat crickets and man that Tokay is so precise! In comparison to my bearded dragon, leos and crestie especially. It hits the crickets hard driving them into the bedding and everything. I have the reflexes of a dead cat and itd be really easy for him/her to sink into my juicy fingers lol.

13. lewis_lizard14

lewis_lizard14 New Member

getting 2 tokays

Hi a am getting 2 tokay geckos (male and female) of my sisters boyfriend as he is moving house and needs to get rid of a few animals so i said i will take them of his hands. I have done a lil bit of research but is there anything you guys reckon i should now????? Thanks
    Lewis

14. brendywendy

brendywendy Well-Known Member

RE: getting 2 tokays

dont put them in the same cage!!!
    plenty of space
    plenty of foliage to hide in

15. geckofreak562

geckofreak562 Member

RE: getting 2 tokays

Yeah, definetly not in the same cage, lewis. That could get real nasty. They'd fight. Nice pics, legend killer.