Urgent! Milksnake feeding.

Discussion in 'Other Colubrids' started by Retheat, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Retheat

Retheat New Member

I don't know the lenght or the weight of the snake... but how much a 10 months old milksnake should eat? Any good care sheets? These won't be for my snake, but they are for a snake I am very worried about...

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Bunny_Too

Bunny_Too New Member

Without knowing the size it is tough but I would recommend trying two fuzzy's each week at the same time. Depending on the type of milk it may be pretty skittish so I would leave the thawed fuzzies at the opening of the hide and let the snake take them when it is alone and dark. I have a Sinaloan that is probably 2 years old and he never takes food from me if I try to wave it in front of it but has never failed to eat when I just leave it alone and let it eat in peace. For care sheets just google Milk Snake Care Sheet and you will get several. It is always good to read several as you may get conflicting information if you just look at two and may get wrong info if you look at just one. For the most part you treat Milks the same as Kingsnakes and they are relativeley hardy when compared to many other snakes.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. improvius

improvius New Member

I generally try to feed something that is about 10% of the weight of the snake. If the snake is weak, maybe try 2 prey items that are each about 5% of the snake's weight.