Uromastyx question

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by Brooklyn4824, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Brooklyn4824

Brooklyn4824 Embryo

Hi, I just recently was given a Uromastix from a friend and she seems to be in good health. Although she really has not eaten any of the greens or the food I bought from the store, but she gobbled up the crickets I got her yesterday fast. Is there something wrong or do they just not eat that often? Also she is sticking her tongue out an awful lot and I dont know why. Could someone please let me know if this is all a problem or if it is just a normal thing. Thank you

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. persoffa

persoffa Embryo

Hello!

There seems to be nothing wrong with your uro! :D

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Brooklyn4824

Brooklyn4824 Embryo

Thank you so much for responding, also if anyone has anything else to let me know about Uro's that I should know feel free to respond. :mrgreen:

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Brooklyn4824

Brooklyn4824 Embryo

Well she finally ate in front of me, I guess it was just the new house and set up she had to get used to. I just found out today that she is a yellow nigerian...is that good or bad? Do they need different care or is it all the same for all types. Thanks.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

She's sticking out her tongue to taste things, this is how she learns and remembers what is hers, whats new and also your taste

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Leona&Amy

Leona&Amy Well-Known Member

What type of greens are you feeding your uro and whats her name?

12. Brooklyn4824

Brooklyn4824 Embryo

I am feeding her Kale right now, but I was wondering if there was anything that they like better. I heard that too much kale is bad for them. Her name is Cleo..short for Cleopatra....

13. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

They like pretty much the same things in greens and veggies that beardies or iguana's eat. Dandelion, Collards, Mustards, small amount of romain mixed in with the other greens. Loves Yellow squash and zucchini