Uvb question

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by For the love of Lizzie, Jun 22, 2014.

1. For the love of Lizzie

For the love of Lizzie New Member

Ok So I have a All Living Things 24 inch strip light, 17 watt and 50 UVB that I place on the screen cover of my 40 gallon tank for a 14 inch beardie (rescue) who when basking ( and she basks a lot) is about 5 inches from the top. There is a nearby incandescent basking light there as well.

I have been scouring the forums and the beardeddragon.com forum for info on this as I suddenly panicked that most were advocating a particular brand of UVB tube light and all kinds of problems had been identified with others. Nothing about this brand All Living Things- though I did get a nice post from a user on the beardeddragon forum who stated that it, in particular did not emit the correct light for beardies.

I am looking for information and opinions. The "50" kind of freaks me out because most people say Reptisun 10 is all you need. But I keep thinking a single degree of emission bulb can't possibly cover ALL sizes of tanks....20, 30 ,40 and 55. Maybe repitsun makes a 20 or 30? I will look this up- kind of stream of consciousness now....If so...then what would be best for a 40 gallon tank in which she basks about 5 inches from top ?

Thank you!!! 2014062195163200.jpg