water Dragon Help

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by dragon_man46542, Oct 30, 2004.

1. dragon_man46542

dragon_man46542 Embryo

My water dragon "George" has a piece of skin hanging from his mouth I am not sure if he is shedding or if I should take him to a vet. And another question is, is it ok to feed your water dragon dead meal worms, or crikits I havnt been feeding them to him I just throw them away, so I thought I might ask if I should.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KaMiKaZeE

KaMiKaZeE Member

On the hanging skin, its probably shedding, but if you could post a pic of it that would help us to know better. On the feeding dead mw/crix, some people do, but I personally don't reccomend it, because there is always the chance that whatever killed the bug (parasite infection etc.) might make your pet sick. I only feed prey items which seem healthy, because I think its healthier for my animals. I think a good way to look at it is to ask yourself, would you feed your children meat from an animal that you just found dead somewhere? I doubt it, because you don't know what killed it or how long its been dead.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. marbledsalamanderbreeder

marbledsalamanderbreeder New Member

It is shedding. Also its probably going to its adult stage with its lips, because females have pale lips. I would strongly not reccomend dead insects because they could have diseases and it would probably not eat the insect because its not moving. Also it makes the cage hard to clean!