Water dragon questions

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by MAtt!123, Sep 25, 2005.

1. MAtt!123

MAtt!123 Member

Can you house chinese water dragons and austrailian water dragons together :?: ? thanx :D

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. ReptileCrazy

ReptileCrazy Well-Known Member

No. As far as i know their humidity levels are very different. Plus, even though they have the term "water dragon" in common, i believe they are very different species, with different care requirements and behavior. Plus, they are from entirely different ares of the world, which means either one could pose a health risk to the other.

Just my .02cents

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. MAtt!123

MAtt!123 Member

at one site it said you could and then another site said you cant :?: . thanks for declaring it. :mrgreen:

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. smokiez

smokiez New Member

from what i read the australian water dragon (the kinda I've got) does not need the same amount of humidity as the chinese dragon, but based on some of the setups i've seen them housed in.. the entire base of the reptarium was covered in water with branches/basking area/whatever elevated above that.. so they can have the entire base to swin in. I saw this type of setup for an australian water dragon.. so I'm assuming the chinese dragon would have a similar setup but maybe more of something that generates more humidity.

Right now mine is a baby and i have big (compared to his size) water dishes aroudn the cage with a fogger.. but when he gets bigger I'm gonna need to get creative with a deep bin or somethign and modify it for filtration otherwise it will be damn near impossible to daily change 10, 20, or 30 gallons of water every day.