we need to get the word out!

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by boyblue666, Mar 9, 2005.

1. boyblue666

boyblue666 New Member

to keep this short and pretty theirs a guy marketing a device that is used to decapitate snakes:
    www.snakesnare.com
    please join me and the members of the bob cark forums,rep mag forums,herp center forums and many more herpers out there to try and bann this product by signing this petition:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/HW652005/petition.html
    im #58 on the petition.b

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

This came up in another forum I'm a member in. I definitely do not support this product, but...
    Do we ban mouse traps and roast bait after this? Many people feel those products are obscenely violent and wrong. Where do we draw the line?
    The only way to reduce people's use of products like this is through education. Banning this one just means another will be made. And another. And another. Until the demand drops to zero.
    If people are educated to not fear and hate these animals, then there will no longer be a market for them. As long as there is a market, it's naive to think we can stop it.
    As long as the human race continues to blindly hijack animals' natural habitats, this will always be an issue.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. juice

juice Member

Man, that's nasty. Why? Why would you have to go to that extent to get of "annoying" snakes? Please! As if all the ppl in jail are automatically killed 'cause they did something wrong. That's BS! I'll back ya'll up!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. boyblue666

boyblue666 New Member

i agree that you can reach some ppl through education but if you have already gotten to the piont that you create or use something as wrong as this then maybe they themselves should be the ones hanged and skinned. their will always be a market for crap like this because you just cant change everybodies mind, and you shouldnt want to what if the world was run by ppl that all thought alike it would be a horrible existence. you cant make them change what they believe but we can make them bann this product just by signing your name.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. joey

joey New Member

# 159 and im sending it out to a bunch of friends!!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. nakedjellybean

nakedjellybean New Member

Signing the petition is pointless. I hate to be "the bad guy" but getting together and putting 1,000,000 names on a petition saying that something is bad and we don't like it won't do anything. I completly agree with DaCubs, education is key. Unfortunatly people take WAY to long to catch on. Get the word out there through education not by trying to force your version of "right" onto others. We all agree that the snare is COMPLETLY wrong but how do you think they feel about your petition?

Just my 2 cents. If you would like to give me change back please feel free. :D:D

12. vetteman21

vetteman21 Member

ok i must agree with both sides to this, i will sign the petition, but maybe there should be an educational artical that is sent out with it.