Weeeellll .... Blood Python welcoming home party ...

Discussion in 'Other Pythons' started by BoyntonStylez, May 5, 2005.

1. BoyntonStylez

BoyntonStylez Member

After much research, debate, more research, hands on playing, and more research, we have decided to purchase a blood python. Tomorrow I will be picking up our new 'baby'. I do know if it's male or female yet (they are probing 'her' for me to make sure). 'She' is about 3 feet long and from Bob Clark's stock. I am so excited! We are going to set her up in a 55 gal and have bought a hide (actually a cat litter box with a hole cut in it) and a soaking bowl, as well as a heating pad. I just was so excited that I had to share it with people who would care!! I'll post pics if she'll let me.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. shrap

shrap ReptileBoards Addict

Post them pics!!!!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. BoyntonStylez

BoyntonStylez Member

I can't wait. I pick 'her' up around seven! Leo wanted me to take pics with my phone, but they looked really bad, lol. We want to name 'her' fluffy, snuggles, or Dulca (erm, sweetness in Spanish).

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. shrap

Have you thought about naming her "NoFeet", lol? My 10 year old daughter came up with that name for our next snake, I just had to work it in here somewhere....

Good luck you 2. I can't wait to see the pics tonight!!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. BoyntonStylez

BoyntonStylez Member

lol, no feet, thats great! I'll probably end up naming her in the car. Hey! I got a question real quick, if I put a shirt inside her hide house that I wore to bedlast night, won't that help her feel more at ease with me? As if a safety feeling/comfortable smell? Or will she want to take a nibble out of my hand that much more? (Kinda in a debate between Leo and I.)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Jujube

Jujube New Member

Congratulations on your new python!!!

A lot of people reccommend putting a slightly worn shirt (as you mentioned) in the viv to help the snake become more familiar with you; it's actually suppose to calm the nippy ones a bit. Can't hurt to give it a shot. I'd be surprised if it made her want to nibble more.

And Fluffy, Snuggles, etc are a great names.. LOL. They're such cute, unassuming names to give to a snake... I love it! "Hey, wanna meet my pet, Fluffy?" "Awww, sure!" Little do they know.. :D

Like everyone else, looking forward to pics, too! Congrats!

12. BoyntonStylez

BoyntonStylez Member

I went and picked her up lsat night at seven. And she's a little girl! (Actually a big girl). The names now: Pixie, Sunny, Vivianne, Stella/Estella, or Fluffy ... I can't decide!!!

Here are the pictures!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cleared her tank a little so you'd be able to see her.

13. shrap

Saweeeeet!!!!!

14. lizard_man_Lane

lizard_man_Lane Well-Known Member

awesome snake!!!

15. BoyntonStylez

BoyntonStylez Member

Ladies and gentlemen, you now know RUBY. I am going to go take new pics of her set up ... cuz I think I did a wonderful job, if I do say so myself. Isnt she beautiful? heh hehe

16. Lokismommy

Lokismommy New Member

Beautiful blood and I like the name. I've always wanted a blood but they get so FAT! lol

17. Ryeshu

Ryeshu New Member

So cute!

18. Mr_Goth

Mr_Goth New Member

Absolutly Adorable!!! Post the pics of the closure when you can I can't wait to see it!! Congrats!!!!!!

19. BoyntonStylez

BoyntonStylez Member

Ooohhh .. I will then, heh, I thought no one was intrested .. heh heh. I'll post them when I get home.

20. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

blood

WOW that is a bea U t ful blood!!! what kind of setup are you going to keep it in??

21. BoyntonStylez

BoyntonStylez Member

shes in a 55 gal, with the largest heatmat, substrate is moss (that certian kind's whos name i forget) mixed with some of that 'jungle' stuff and a large, water bowl. She also has a 100 watt red light because the tempatures were not high enough. i had a plant in there but she knocked it down and I also have a shirt in there that I slept with .... hehehe.

22. wideglide

wideglide Well-Known Member

Awesome blood!!!

23. BoyntonStylez

BoyntonStylez Member

awww, thank you rob!!