Wesley - My Pacman Frog

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by EvilSquish, Dec 5, 2004.

1. EvilSquish

EvilSquish New Member

What a fatty.. he's awesome, and surprisingly active for his species. He's now hosted in a 15 gal tank with a 1/4 moss and 3/4 forest mulch combo, which he seems to enjoy.

http://tinypic.com/umvtg

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Floyd_Is_My_Beardie

Floyd_Is_My_Beardie Member

wow he looks really cool, i like his colours :(

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. murph

murph New Member

Wow I love the colors on your Pacman. I have one myself, he's more of a turqoise/redish mix. Mine is far from active and HATES to be handled. Stubborn little thing :(

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

How much do those guys eat? I know they have the reputation of being voracious eating, hence the name.
    How hard are they to keep? I considered one for awhile, but decided against it before doing any research as to what it would take.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Great photo, but please make your images 640 pixels along their longest edge and under 100KB in filesize, or turn them into links instead of displaying them inline.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. murph

murph New Member

They're really not much different from any other frog. I feed mine the same way as my others. A dozen crickets every week. I also have a bowl of tiny shrimp he likes to nibble on. They are very well known to try and eat anything in their way though. I like to have him chase my fingers from time to time :( You just have to make sure they have a lot of moist soil so they can dig and hide.

12. EvilSquish

EvilSquish New Member

Axe - Oops my bad, I thought I had things resized... I'll watch my next pic post. :D

My guy eats like a ravenous pig, and I actually had to put him sorta on a diet... he got big fast.. really fast.. but that's my fault. :(

At his size he's eating mice and the occassional injured hamster (long story) ... sometimes when he gets a few pinkies it's almost like chewing gum, just more or less a light snack. LOL

He's awesome, and yes I've had a few close calls with my fingers.. lol I've had to usher food towards him, since he won't hunt or anything, he just sits there and almost literally waits for food to walk into his mouth.. lol so there I am with my hand in the tank then out of the blue he'll lunge... what a weird feeling that mouth of his is, and that tongue.. ick. LOL

13. murph

murph New Member

I think the funniest thing in the world is watching a Pacman chase after food, lol they wabble soo much it's hilarious

14. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

If you think that's funny, you should see Cane Toads chasing after hopper mice :(

15. murph

murph New Member

lol I bet! Cane Toads have always scared me =

16. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

Whoa, you can feed them adult mice? Hmmm, maybe I'll have to look into them again! LOL

17. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, Cane Toads are really funny to watch, and when they're this big...

[​IMG]

Yup, they'll eat adult mice :(

Cane Toads will actually get quite a bit bigger than that one in the image above. If you're looking to get one though, check local and state laws to make sure they're allowed. They're cool here in FL (as far as I know), but I know that in California they're illegal to keep.

18. murph

murph New Member

It's such a shame reptiles are illegal in some states. But I guess it's for the best seeing as most people don't know what they're getting into owning these awesome animals.

19. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

Another reason can be introduction of exotic species. Alot of people get a pet cause it's "cool", then later realize they can't/don't want to keep it and release it in the wild. So alot of states will restrict certain pets for that reason.
    So once again, everyone gets punished because of the irresponsibility of a minority. What else is new.

Well, I'm stuck with just leos at least until I move to a bigger place. We don't have room for multiple enclosures, and since the lease says no pets, I can't really be getting large animals.

20. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Yup, release of exotics into the wild is one of the main reasons that many herps are banned - or at least, that's the excuse they use, even if that's not always their primary motive.

But Cane Toads have caused big problems in some areas, and parts of Florida are now overrun with released iguanas and their offspring. You're right, a lot of people buy a pet because it's cute or cool, not realising that cute little 3ft long white orange and yellow snake is going to turn into an 18ft monster that could eat your cat, dog, small neighbourhood children (Yup, there's a few burms in the 'Glades too).

21. EvilSquish

EvilSquish New Member

Cane toads are awesome... lol

My Wes is awesome... I love him to death, and yeah he loves his mice for sure.... he's so lumpy and oddly shaped that if his food is too small he'll just jump on them or something instead of catching and eating them.. I saw him once belly flop on a couple of rat pinkies... lol That was quite the scene.
    When he was younger he'd sometimes make a few noises, kind of an odd sound ofcourse, but he hasn't made a sound since.. although when he snaps at his food and misses his wet slimy big mouth certainly makes a loud slap. LOL He's my baby.

22. BD59602

BD59602 New Member

cane toads are one of the top invasive species. i dont remember where, but they brought 200 into a place where they could breed and eat the grub that was killing cane stalks or w/e they're called, but the toads reprodcued like crazy and ate verything except for the grubs, lol. a little history lesson for all of ya :)

23. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Yup, that's why they're illegal to keep in some states.

24. Trigunfan

Trigunfan New Member

there was a pacman frog i seen that was huge it was eating mice

25. EvilSquish

EvilSquish New Member

Trigunfan - My fellas pretty big, and he's eatten medium sized hamsters and loves mice! :D