What to get???

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by montana, Dec 13, 2004.

1. montana

montana Embryo

Hello all . today is my first day on the site my name is bren and i am from ireland .i am after getting really interested in getting a pet cameleon ,But after reading up about it i dont think that i am ready for it
    can any body suggest another reptile that does not need as much care as one (you know with having a cage and all and humidty level and vitimes )
    any help would be much appreciated
    Bren

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

Leopard geckos and bearded dragons are really good starter reptiles. You're right, chams are definitely not starter herps. They are very sensitive. Check out some of the caresheets on this site to see if these guys might be for you. The caresheet link is at the top of the page underneath the ReptileRooms banner.
    BTW, welcome to the site. Feel free to post anywhere and ask as many questions as you want!! :D

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. montana

montana Embryo

Thank you i will check that out now :D

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Oscar

Oscar Member

We started with an African Fat Tail, which is much like the Leo in regards to ease of care.

It will depends also on the amount of interaction you want with your beastie... Jaxey, our AFT is great and very easy to handle, but if you want to see alot of movement and antics, or for that matter, lizard at all, then the beardie might be a better way to go.

Love my AFT, love the leos too, going to be getting some as soon as I get a new tank set up, but they are both nocturnal and not that active during the day hours... spend most of thier time in the hides!

Good luck with your choices and whatever you choose I hope you enjoy them very much!

Cory

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

Leos and Beardies are very easy and need almost no humidity. African Fat Tails are good also but need a higher humidity then a leo or beardie

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Oscar

Oscar Member

Yeah, shoulda mentioned that...

Jaxey spends most of her day lounging in her humid hide...

C

12. Calliope

Calliope New Member

Beardies are great but if you want one that isn't too complicated to take care of get an adult. The babies are a lot harder to take care of because they are more sensitive to everything. But beardies all around are a lot easier to take care of then most reptiles.

13. fourgottenleo

fourgottenleo New Member

I'd go with a Beardie... They are awesome pets and are quite easy to take care of.

14. BD59602

BD59602 New Member

just curious, y is your username montana? is that your actual name? because if not i take offenese to taht cause i live in montana:) jk

15. montana

montana Embryo

Beardie it is then

:p Thank you all so much for the help .I think a Beardie it shall be
    I will go for a young adult . About feeding them can any body give me
    any tipps whats the story with vegg

BD59602
    Posted: Dec 13, 2004 - 02:51 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just curious, y is your username montana? is that your actual name? because if not i take offenese to taht cause i live in montana:) jk

My name is montana after Tony montana out of scar face i use this name for playing games aswell counter strike and stuff :D

16. BD59602

BD59602 New Member

collard greens, dandelion greens, hmmm... i cant think of any mroe at the top of my head, look at the bearded dragon care page here, and look at salads