whats your igs favourite food?

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by mohik4n22, Jan 6, 2005.

1. mohik4n22

mohik4n22 New Member

just a general question for compariosn.. whats your igs fav food?

my ig grizzle adores satsumas and her green cabbage and parsley. :) she knows shes been good when she gets her sat. and a banana. :) they is her special treats. :D

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

Mine loves his red bananas and dandelion greens the best. I'm trying cactus pear this week...should be interesting. I wouldn't feed your ig cabbage on a regular basis, I'd try some leafy greens like mustard, turnip, collard, etc as the base of the diet. But I've heard they like parsley and cilantro, but mine won't try those.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. mohik4n22

mohik4n22 New Member

ahh these mustard grens wtf are they lol as i dont see em in supermarkets here in uk so maybe a grocers. :) mind you before ihad her for 5 yrs she was fed on kale and romaine lettuce?!! from what ihear thats not good but shes in perfect health and very lively. so i dont think its all that bad surely .anyhow stahts off topic sorry lol

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. biochic

Well, lettuce doesn't provide any nutrition at all so that's why it's not worth feeding. As for mustard greens...I have no idea if you can get them in the uk...heck, they could be called something different there for all I know lol But you can offer kale with the other greens.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. mohik4n22

mohik4n22 New Member

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. dan420

dan420 Member

Is this the same thing as a prickly pear by any chance? I found that to be the most terrible experiance w/ my beardie. It is filled with small little seeds all throughout it, and it took like 40 minutes to make sure i got all the seeds out for one serveing my beardie...then he didnt even eat it.

12. biochic

I think it might be. I haven't cut it open yet, so I don't know what it's like on the inside. I've heard it's okay to feed to them so I thought I'd at least get one to see what it's like before I try offering it to him. I'll let you know. He's picky so he probably won't eat it either.

13. mohik4n22

mohik4n22 New Member

heh good luck with that one.

14. crushxmex

crushxmex Embryo

My baby Charlie absolutely adored cherry tomatoes...and strawberries! They were her favorite treat...oh, how she loved me for that. :)

15. kewlcat

kewlcat Embryo

Our Baby ReX loves water-cress!!!

16. PS-RagE

PS-RagE Embryo

Leafy greens and other vegtables are a staple but, watch your fingers if you offer Dizzy oranges! Once he smells them, he doesn't even bother to eye-ball where they are. I don't try to hand feed them anymore. Just put them in his dish and back off :D

17. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

raspberries, Annie will pick out every raspberry in her big doggie bowl before she eats anything else

18. kornyali

kornyali New Member

My JuJu is obsessed with avocados.

19. JackSparrow

JackSparrow Embryo

Martineau (French Ig!) loves Arugula (bad luck, because the mere smell of it makes me want to puke!). She also loves kiwis... bud I'm still looking for THE ultimate food.

20. mohikan22

mohikan22 New Member

id try a banana or a sqash mine loves both and definatly her satsuma!

21. shaggy1569

shaggy1569 Embryo

mine liked dandilion leaf and apple blended sause ..he loved it

22. shaggy1569

shaggy1569 Embryo

bub bub loves mustard greens and turnip greens.but wont eat fruit or veggies unless there a blended mush.

23. Grimesboy55

Grimesboy55 Embryo

Lasagna

My ig will hardly eat it is a hatchling and I cant tell if it eats it just sits in the corner?

24. mohikan22

mohikan22 New Member

im sure itll eat if it's hungry :D mine {although older} will sometimes go without for upto 3days at a go

25. longjane

longjane New Member

My iguana is by no means picky. Sometimes he will get into a mood and refuse to eat everything on his plate...but you can be sure the next day he doesn't leave a drop. He's nuts about banana, papaya, and bread. Even though I mix it in, he'll pick out every last piece.