where could i buy a probing kit? in canada if possible!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by elitebow, Jan 30, 2006.

1. elitebow

elitebow Embryo

i'm looking for a probing kit to sex my own snakes, where can i buy one? can i buy one in canada?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Welcome to Reptile Rooms! A breeder or a herp vet will be able to probe your snakes for you. If you don't know what you are doing, you can seriously injure your snake.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. luxie

luxie Embryo

If you can't find one in Canada you can find one at www.animalattraction.com.au but as Janice has wisely pointed out, you can do some serious damage with a probe if you don't know what you are doind so I would seek out the help of a vet or breeder to teach you if needed.

Cheers,
    Luxie

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. kephy

kephy Moderator

Well I don't know about all species of snake, but I've had a few and they were easy to sex without probing at all, just by looking at the shape of their tail below the vent. I know for a fact you can do it with kingsnakes. Can anyone fill me use in whether or not this is correct with most other species as well? I'm not a big fan of probing, I even flinched when my vet wanted to do it to my bearded dragon once when he was younger.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. luxie

luxie Embryo