Where to get hibiscus/dandelion and feeding questions

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by Spiderlady76, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Spiderlady76

Spiderlady76 Embryo

Anyone know where I can get hibiscus or dandelion flowers? I also have had a hard time finding any of the suggested greens uros are supposed to eat at the grocery store, so after reading other threads on this subject, I am going to try a whole foods market. I have a very finicky uro who has decided he only wants certain foods, abandoning all other choices, and as an overly obliging mother, I have over time given him only his favorites. Now he will eat nothing but peas! (with the proper vitamins/calcium added) Any ideas on how to get my guy eating healthy again?

-Kristin

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Riddick

Riddick New Member

Tough love...pull the peas, give him a wide variety of all exceptable greens, and let him pout until he's hungry enough to eat what you give him...

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Spiderlady76

Spiderlady76 Embryo

Thanks for the info... I hope the transition won't be too hard on Yakibo. It's just so hard not to give him what he wants. I'm sure he'll get over it before I do, though. :shock:

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

trying organic or speciality stores is usually a good idea. I had a heck of a time finding dandelion greens or endive at my local super market but I always find them at teh speciality stores.

As for hibiscus, I grow my own. They grow quite nicely in a sunny window and they add alot of beauty to a room. I usually get about one or two flowers a week per plant and I split these between my beardie and my uro.